Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Upgraded to 1.3. Now sound settings completely a@@ backwards for SMS:

when set on Silent (toggle red) get loud message beep, no vibrate
    on 'sound on' (toggle black) get vibrate
    on 'sound on' (toggle black) but system sounds set to off, still get loud beep

Also tried using 'new' sms sound setting and it doesn't work. Simply get default beep.

I had SMS per contact installed but removed it, checked in WebOSquickinstall and showing clean as well.

Ideas?

g
    run web os repair utility it may fix this for you and not mess any personal info up
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    may have to...

(unrelated): had to run webos repair once before and literally ran for over an hour before it was done and then didn't find any problem.... from my reading an hour plus isn't normal...
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Nope ran complete webosrepair and sounds still utterly screwed...

sounds selected off, it beeps away loudly... utterly useless.

so sick of this. lost all my tweaks/patches/etc, phone is all but back to scratch. every time pre comes up with an upgrade it's the same bloody story... half a day spent reinstalling all the patches to get the thing back to some sort of intuitive state that it SHOULD have come with initially, and then several more days trying to undo the inherent errors in the OS upgrade. geez..it cost 600$.. is this asking too much?

anyone with any ideas or similar problem with sounds??!!

g