Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Can someone explain to me what exactly it is? I am guessing that since I backup my pre every day it is using that profile some how. Can I go online somewhere to see it? I am having problems finding information about what all it does.

Thanks in Advance
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Does no one know this? I have asked this in the past and never received a response.
    It's pretty much used to identify who your backup information is for.

When you get a new phone or Dr. your old you put in your profile login and it'll begin to download your saved contacts and the rest of your backup.

If, for instance, you sold your phone, you wouldn't want all your contacts from a backup to go to the person you gave the phone to, so they create a new profile which stores their information.

I don't think it's really any more tangible than that.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Can you go online to see this information? how do you know what is backed up and what is not?
    Quote Originally Posted by bigkevj View Post
    Can you go online to see this information? how do you know what is backed up and what is not?
    Nope! Cant see any info on the palm site once you log in. Palm seems to be playing games with the Palm profile. Its highly suggested you use the google profiles just to be safe.. Ive lost all contacts twice fidlin' with the Palm profile..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol