Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    when i send a txt msg and it comes back as failed, how do i stop my Pre from continously trying to send it, which then results in people getting the same txt msg 5-6 times once there is a good signal?

btw, this only happens if i put my phone in 'roam' only mode....i'm at a bad spot at work sometimes, so need to have a phone signal....

when not in phone mode, the txt issues doesn't happen obviously....because i have no signal at all! lol

any suggestions on stopping this?
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    when i send a txt msg and it comes back as failed, how do i stop my Pre from continously trying to send it, which then results in people getting the same txt msg 5-6 times once there is a good signal?

btw, this only happens if i put my phone in 'roam' only mode....i'm at a bad spot at work sometimes, so need to have a phone signal....

when not in phone mode, the txt issues doesn't happen obviously....because i have no signal at all! lol

any suggestions on stopping this?
    Can't you select the message and swipe it off the side to delete it?
    This works, but it doesn't fix the problems we are all (Pre, Blackberry, etc) are having on Sprints Service when Roaming.

I'd recommend calling Sprint Tech Support and request assistance similar to what we've done and referenced on this forum:

http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...es-sprint.html

I've been going back and forth with Sprint (and Palm) about this issue and still have a problem getting Phone Calls and SMS to go through when on Verizon's network roaming. Our phones will only send SMS messages out reliably if we are on Sprints network (in other words if we switch our Phone pref to Sprint Only), but the signal is so low in our area that this is nolonger an options.

Something changed with Verizon's PRL Roaming service or something else on their network and Sprint has simply been unable to fix the issue when customers are using other service providers network. We know this because it used to work, and most of us thought is was related to updates on the Pre, but please not this is not a Pre problem and Blackberry users are also having the same problem as noted in the link above.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    thanks for the replies....

i will try to swipe delete the txt msg after the first fail....hopefully that stops it, assuming it doesn't keep trying anyway because the txt is sitting in server limbo somewhere....

i doubt Sprint will do anything about txt on a Vzw signal....i had no idea that was an issue...
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    thanks for the replies....

i will try to swipe delete the txt msg after the first fail....hopefully that stops it, assuming it doesn't keep trying anyway because the txt is sitting in server limbo somewhere....

i doubt Sprint will do anything about txt on a Vzw signal....i had no idea that was an issue...
    I doubt that would make a difference, but its worth a try.
    swiping it away is just deleting it off your phone. I think once you tap send, that txt msg is completely and permanently out of your control.
    Whether it sends or not has nothing to do with deleting it off your phone after the fact.
    For me, failed txt msg stop trying to send unless I tap the "!" sign, then tap "send again."