1.    #1  
    What if Cards were arranged circularly, like the Wheel of Fortune, or petals of a flower, or hands on a clock? Then, to browse, you flick in one direction to spin it. Instead of stopping at the end, it keeps on spinning until physics reels it in.

I have already submit this to Palm (though I'm sure it will never be implemented), but I wanted to see what members here thought as well.
    It may be too similar to android? or confusing?

would be cool to have the option though.
    Good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baryn View Post
    What if Cards were arranged circularly, like the Wheel of Fortune, or petals of a flower, or hands on a clock? Then, to browse, you flick in one direction to spin it. Instead of stopping at the end, it keeps on spinning until physics reels it in.

I have already submit this to Palm (though I'm sure it will never be implemented), but I wanted to see what members here thought as well.
    I had this same thought when I first got my Pre upon launch. I love the wave bar but I thought that 5 apps just wasn't enough. A circle came to mind like an old-style rotary dial phone.

Another thought that I had on improving the existing wave bar without going to the circle: when you reached beyond the last application in the wave, more apps would slide-over....kind of like a side-scrolling wave.

The other thought I had was to have a favorites/speed dial icon on the launch bar that when tapped, it would fan-out or drop-up a list of like 10 of your speed-dial contacts. Something like the pop-up you get on Mac OS X Dock when you click your Documents folder.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I think it would be very convenient if the cards "wrapped around" as you got to the end of the row. Great idea.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Not quite card wrap, but I really really like the launcher page wrap patch by lckarkjr.
    Honestly, it's probably more useful to me than a card wrap, since I'm not normally running more than 3 apps at a time.
    When I get a chance this week I am going to look at adding this to the launcher wrap pages patch.
    I thought I had seen, early on, someone that had more than the standard 5 apps on their launcher bar. Seems it was a rooted phone, but I honestly can't recall. I'm sure someone knows....