Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by josecaguas View Post
    i'd also like to see full Netflix movies on my phone.
    Given the streaming of Netflix movies and shows, this would indeed be an amazing development.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    If we are discussing leapfrogging the competition, then streaming media, IR remote control, slingbox, etc. don't count - Palm had those years ago, with the Treo.

I think Synergy/PIM/GPS in combination is promising. The others all do this, but I think Palm is the only one where each app has its own data for the PIM apps (calendar, contacts, etc.). I think they could beef up the location data - "home" should be a physical address, a set of GPS co-ordinates, a point on a map, etc., and I should be able to just click on it for an event.

Hardware wise, I think they'll never be the very top. Palm has made some good phones, sometimes the best, but I don't see how they will be better than EVERY Android hardware maker (or Apple). But their OS is unique, and as long as their hardware does one or two unique things that the Droid 2 or iPhone 4 doesn't, they'll be ok.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Unless Palm is bought by someone with more money and man power they will not leapfrog competition. Things are turned out too slow. I understand why and im not mad but for every new thing that palm does android and apple do the same. So it is hard to gain ground. I can see Apple coming out w/ some sort of multitask and when that happens people are going to start loosing their minds and its not fair to smaller companies like palm. I think palm will get better and better but I don't think that it will leap frog competition for some time it just doesn't have the money or man power.
    I think it would be great if they decide to create a Patch-like area of the app store.

It would act like Preware but allow all aspects of WebOS to be customized for everyone. And this would compliment the Updates as it would automatically uninstall all patches and just throw the ones back on, and have everything go through the Update App.

It's ingenious because it would allow them to claim ultimate customizability of the phone, and they could just take the current patches and throw them up to start, since they are all MIT licensed.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    I think it would be great if they decide to create a Patch-like area of the app store.

It would act like Preware but allow all aspects of WebOS to be customized for everyone. And this would compliment the Updates as it would automatically uninstall all patches and just throw the ones back on, and have everything go through the Update App.

It's ingenious because it would allow them to claim ultimate customizability of the phone, and they could just take the current patches and throw them up to start, since they are all MIT licensed.
    THIS IS AN AWESOME IDEA...but I think they would charge for them...which is cool except they are free now and I'd be a little upset paying for something that was free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12