1.    #1  
    So, I noticed that certain Youtube videos that I have watched on my computer weren't showing up in searches with the Youtube app on my Pre. So, I used the Pre browser to go to Youtube, selected Classic mode, and searched. I found the video and tried to play it. I got the message, "This is a restricted video. It can only be played in your computer's web browser."

Anyone know why that happens? I can watch a video for "Dream On" by Aerosmith with no problems. I get the message for "Amazing", by the same group. Why are some restricted and not others? I need my Hanna Monta-- er, Aerosmith fix!
    Last edited by froggersloth; 11/20/2009 at 02:57 PM.
    The owner of the video can decided whether or not mobile devices can view the video. I have taken a screen shot from youtube which includes that option when managing content.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by coop486 View Post
    The owner of the video can decided whether or not mobile devices can view the video. I have taken a screen shot from youtube which includes that option when managing content.
    Well, there it is, then. Any idea why people choose to disallow mobile devices? It seems that they're drastically limiting their audience, but there are probably other factors I'm not considering...