1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm trying to do a clean install of WebOS 1.3.1, I'm am doctoring my phone (I've done it 3 times tonight so far, that's why I'm asking for help).

I'm trying to do this so that I can test out the Messaging Plugins new version with a clean Pre.

I do the Backup 'turn off and erase thing' but after doing a doctor and getting the Pre turned on it does a restore from Profile automatically.

When its done, I see all the apps that I purchased are put back.

So if I am erasing the backup, why are the apps coming back.

I read in one thread that even though the Profile is erase, it still puts back the apps that you purchased.

I don't want that to happen for one main reason, they all can't come back unless I get Preware installed so that the Pre's app partition can handle having more apps on it.

So I'm really only getting a few of the apps that I purchase not the total amount.

And that's what I don't want to happen, because then it's screws up my planned clean install of the Messaging Plugins.

If there a way not to have anything come back or reinstalled after being doctor'd.

Should I just setup a new email account?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

1) Go to the Backup app and turn it off with the option to delete the backup.
    2) Go to Device Info and do a full erase.
    all you have to do is manuely back it up before it goes into that auto backup . just do the manuel back up real quick lol

his way sounds better lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Thanks, I did a new email account and that working. Hopefully, I can go back to the original email Profile after I'm finished with installing and testing the Messaging Plugin.

And I never did try the Device 'Full Erase' thing?

Thank you all for you fast replies!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)