Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    So I thought I'd point this out and bring with it, my hopes, that Palm will have enough charisma to convince this individuals to swing over to their side of the fence.

From Slashdot's summery:

"Facebook's Joe Hewitt, Second Gear's Justin Williams, the long-time Mac software developer known as 'Rogue Amoeba' and other respected App Store developers have recently decided to discontinue their work on the platform, citing their frustration with Apple's opaque approval process. Continued issues with erroneous and snap rejections of applications and APIs are prompting more and more developers to shun the platform entirely. Though there are tens of thousands of other developers who have pumped out over 100,000 apps for the platform, continued migration away from iPhone development will most likely result in lower quality software."

I can only see this as a Good Thing for things like Palm and Android. Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    That would be great if palm can capitalize on getting the developers over to this new platform and continues being good about accepting apps.
    Palm first needs to expand the SDK to allow compiled binary apps full use of the mojo APIs. Then webOS can attract more developers. webOS could get more sophisticated games as well. The SDK will get better over time, but it's still generally restricted to web-based apps.
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    Palm first needs to expand the SDK to allow compiled binary apps full use of the mojo APIs. Then webOS can attract more developers. webOS could get more sophisticated games as well. The SDK will get better over time, but it's still generally restricted to web-based apps.
    Ah, the nerd in me did not know this. Explains a lot. I maybe a nerd but I'm not much of a coder so I didn't catch the trouble there.

In that case, work up the APIs!