1.    #1  
    After updating to the newest webOS update yesterday I found out the hard way that after a phone call the screen will no longer turn on. I thought that it might be due to a forgotten patch or something of that nature but nope. I used webOS Doctor to kick it back to 1.2 and then did the upgrade again with the same results. The only way to get the screen back is to take out the battery and put it back in.

As far as patches go this one is pretty rotten.
  2.    #2  
    I just contacted Palm support, they said to bring it in to Sprint and have them swap it out.
    Either your proximity sensor is busted or you have a screen protector that's interfering with it.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    Either your proximity sensor is busted or you have a screen protector that's interfering with it.
    I can revert to webOS 1.2 and it works perfectly without even the slightest of glitches.

I have not brought it in yet because I do not want a refurb.
    Quote Originally Posted by paxamime View Post
    I can revert to webOS 1.2 and it works perfectly without even the slightest of glitches.

I have not brought it in yet because I do not want a refurb.
    Oops! Guess I missed that part. Certainly an oddball issue.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V
  6.    #6  
    My wifes pre has now started to do the same thing. After a call the screen won't turn back on. This might be an issue with a specific batch of Pre's but either way it really sucks. My wife is now demanding a different phone and I am inclined to switch too. Palm needs to put their head on straight and figure out how to test their software updates BEFORE they release them.
    Similar problem - screen won't come back on after a call. Although on my phone, it does come back on if the other person hangs up (or if, because I have the patch, I close the slider to end the call). It's frustrating although not quite as bad as your needing-to-remove-battery-to-fix issue.
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    i had experienced the same thing today. ended up removing the battery to fix it.
  9.    #9  
    So far the best solution that I have found is to revert back to 1.2.0 and then disable updates via this method (Thanks to StormChaser):

From the Linux command line enter:

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod -x /usr/bin/UpdateDaemon
    killall UpdateDaemon

Hit enter twice between each line to get me back to a root prompt.

If you disabled your update you might want to re-enable it at some point.

cd /usr/bin
    mount -o remount,rw /
    chmod +x UpdateDaemon
    mount -o remount,ro /

Since doing that, all of my Pre problems have gone away.
    I had that problem when I installed one of the processor speed hacks. When I uninstalled it and rebooted it went away.
    I have had this happen to me twice now. The first time I thought the phone had powered off for some reason but then it wouldn't respond to the power button so (as stated above) I pulled the battery and reset it. This brought it back up.
    It happened again this morning and I realized the phone wasn't off when one of my notifications went off while the screen was unresponsive. I'm pretty sure this is a software issue as pulling the battery and powering the Pre back on seems to resolve the issue.

Heres to hoping that this is resolved in a patch soon, thankfully it's not every call but that was twice in 3 days.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Same issue here. It's happened to both mine and my wife's phones. I had the PowerFlex 600Mhz patch installed and have since uninstalled it. Issue seems to have been resolved.