Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Ok, this is my only remaining issue from the 1.3.1 upgrade (yes, I removed my patches first). I have 3 calendar notifications on weekdays, and they are all popping up a notification (snooze/dismiss buttons) an hour early. If I click to go to the event from the notification, it shows the event as being 1 hour early, but if I go to the actually week view in the calendar, it shows the correct time. The correct time also shows on my Google calendar online. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to just delete and recreate these events?

TIA
    Is your Pre showing the correct time? Is it in the correct timezone setting (Date & Time icon on last page of launcher)?

I recently had to manually set mine because it continues to think that I'm in Canada somewhere but I'm in Texas. My calendar got buggy when that happened. After I set my clock (timezone) correctly, all was well.
    Last edited by Achill3s; 11/17/2009 at 02:11 PM.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    LOL I'm in Canada but after 1.3.1 my Pre thinks I'm on a Caribbean island. I wish. Anyway once I corrected that, my calendar is back to normal.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I am showing the correct time, but my regional timezone setting did have me in Regina, Canada. I assume that is in the central timezone, but I set it manually to Chicago. I'll see in a little while if it works. Thanks
    I had the same problem, my time zone is set to Canada. ***?!

Also in Chicago, Sprint's network here must be displaying the wrong time zone.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Hmmm....this continues to be an odd one. I manually set my timezone to Chicago, but I am still getting the notifications 1 hour early. Next step is to delete and recreate the events I guess.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanpre View Post
    Ok, this is my only remaining issue from the 1.3.1 upgrade (yes, I removed my patches first). I have 3 calendar notifications on weekdays, and they are all popping up a notification (snooze/dismiss buttons) an hour early. If I click to go to the event from the notification, it shows the event as being 1 hour early, but if I go to the actually week view in the calendar, it shows the correct time. The correct time also shows on my Google calendar online. Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to just delete and recreate these events?

TIA
    YES! Same exact thing here-and I use several each weekday. I do not and never have had any patches installed. I've never had this problem before, and it appeared out of the blue this morning when I was woken up and hour ealr, and continued happening from there out. I updated to 1.3.1 the day of release, and as far as I remember the only thing I've updated since then is maybe Flixter, but I'm not 100% sure, I think I updated that prior to 1.3.1.

All clock times show the correct time, every time-including this morning at 4 am.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Oh yeah-I'm in Pennsylvania-not Chicago, so this may not be related to the network? Maybe multiple networks have the problem?
    Weird.... today my notifications were an hour early. I updated the morning 1.3.1 came out and my notifications were correct until today (as I use them multiple times throughout the day). My regional setting was set to Canada and I'm located in the Midwest states... We'll see what happens tomorrow.

As others have posted, the date/times in the calendar are correct, however the notifications are just an hour earlier than they are suppose to be.

Please post if anyone finds a fix.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I have recreated all my events on my Google calendar (even did 10 min. prior notifications vs. 5 min.). I will post my results tomorrow.
    Having same problem
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Well, I don't know if I'd call this a solution, but recreating the events on my Google calendar seems to have the notifications arriving on time. I didnt have many daily notifications so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it will be a PITA if I have to do this after each update.
    This happened to me out of the blue a couple of weeks ago but it was related to the network towers/issues. I had to manually set my time on my Pre because it thought I was in Canada somewhere (I'm in Texas). This fixed the calendar issues.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I believe I fixed the issue in my calendar (at least all my notifications were correct today) by forcing the time zone to be correct (overriding the network time zone), removing my EAS account where I had the unreliable notifications, and adding back the EAS account. I guess I'll see over the next few days if I was just lucky today.

Background:

Prior to 1.3.1, calendar notifications worked fine for me. Because of the unreliable e-mail notifications, I removed my EAS account and re-added it based on suggestions in another thread. I don't know if it was 1.3.1, the removal of the EAS account or something else, but that is when I noticed the problem with calendar notifications being one hour off.

While trying to figure out what was wrong, I noticed my phone was configured to use network time zone, America/Cayman, even though I live in Massachusetts. Since America/Cayman has different DST rules than my time zone, the first thing I tried was to force it to America/New York and reboot the phone. No change - some notifications were correct and others were not. I tried to remove the EAS account and re-add it while on network time zone (America/Cayman) and it still did not help. It was not until I forced the time zone to America/New York, remove the EAS account and add it back in - the key I think being I added the account while configured with America/New York, that the calendar notifications seemed to work properly again.

Hope this works for you all as well!!
    Has everyones notifications reverted back to normal? Mine have... and I don't believe anything on my phone has changed since having the issue. Besides maybe a few full resets (symbol option r).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    I've been having this exact problem since the 1.3.1 patch. The strange thing is that is has only been happening on recurring appointments that I setup before the 1.3.1 patch. Those created since then give me the reminder at the correct time and show the correct time in the reminder popup.

The "network time zone" was showing Regina, Canada (CST). While I'm in the CST, I'm nowhere near Canada. However, that really shouldn't make a difference. I've forced it now to Chicago (which, by the way, is all the way down at the bottom under United States of America, along with the other US cities). We'll see what happens.
    America/Regina also does not change for DST which makes it different than Chicago which changes between CST and CDT depending on whether DST is in effect.

America/Regina - Time Zone Information - Daylight Saving Time (DST) Information

I'm curious why the Network time zones are showing up wacky for people. I'm pretty sure the network time zone on my phone used to be reasonable before 1.3.1 so I wonder if Palm is doing something weird with how it correlates what the network returns with its internal timezone options.
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimate_ed View Post
    I've been having this exact problem since the 1.3.1 patch. The strange thing is that is has only been happening on recurring appointments that I setup before the 1.3.1 patch. Those created since then give me the reminder at the correct time and show the correct time in the reminder popup.

The "network time zone" was showing Regina, Canada (CST). While I'm in the CST, I'm nowhere near Canada. However, that really shouldn't make a difference. I've forced it now to Chicago (which, by the way, is all the way down at the bottom under United States of America, along with the other US cities). We'll see what happens.
    Hmm.. Like I stated right above your post: I did nothing and within some time my notifications went back to normal (even the recurring ones put in place before the 1.3.1 update).

Even yet I've noticed almost everyone in this thread (or around the forums having this problem) seem to be from the Midwest... As I too switched my Pre from the Canadian time > Chicago.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
  19. LWI
    One more.....
    I have the same problem.... but only for events that have a recurrence, typically created on Outlook (Exchange).
    I'm in Canada, local time zone E.S.T., Time zone on the PRE seems to be an equivalent... right now it show Cayman Islands. If I try to change it to Montreal, it does not seem to be kept in the settings.

Anyway, better to have an early warning that a overdue warning.

LWI
    Well, I mistakenly left the "use network timezone" function on, even though I manually changed it to Chicago. Today, I got another one hour early reminder. When I went to check, my Pre had reset itself to Regina, Canada for the timezone. I've reset it to Chicago and switch the automation to "off". We'll see what happens the next time one of these appointments comes around again.

It still seems strange to me that the calendar itself shows the correct time, but the reminder "app" for lack of a better word, runs by a different clock.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast