Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    it seems that after the update i have to tap links multiple times before they actually work.. its not that the screen isn't responding to touch because the link will highlight but take me nowhere. anyone else?
    I have the same problem too. Its very frustrating. I hope we get another update soon..
    Have you tried alternate links, not seeing the problem on my phone at all. I tried many links from various sites.
    my wife and I are having the same issue. At first I thought it was the screen but after messin wit hers I noticed the same thing. It feels like the sensitivity on the screen is a lil off. Ugh! Somethings get better another gets worse..
    i believe its to keep from accidently activating a link while scrolling.. if u hold down for about a sec and let go.. it should proceed.
    Whoops, seems I can't post links since I'm a newbie to this forum. Search for "1.3.1 taps ignored".
    Quote Originally Posted by bdarknessb View Post
    i believe its to keep from accidently activating a link while scrolling.. if u hold down for about a sec and let go.. it should proceed.
    Your right. It works just fine if I hold the tap a little bit longer. Now that I kno the reason for doing it I like it now, no more accidental link presses while scrolling.
    Same thing here...i also lost my virtual keyboard.Any one else?...PLS HELP!!!!
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    lets try holding them a little longer.. be back with the verdict in a sec

*edit* eh.. seems a little gimmicky.. even with holding it longer in some cases i still tapped like 3 times.. though before i was getting up to 7 and 8 taps. the place i'm having this issue the most is on this precentral mobile forum site when trying to tap on the numbers at the bottom or top to go to a different page.
    Last edited by d.moss; 11/17/2009 at 09:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    anybody come closer to what the real problem is?
    mine has done this somewhat but its not every time it happens periodically at best!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    mine has done this somewhat but its not every time it happens periodically at best!
    this is happening to me everytime i'm on precentral mobile forums when trying to tap the numbers at the bottom.. its rare everywhere else.. but its annoying because this is what i visit the most..
    Since update to webos 1.3.1 several of the homebrew apps are not available. Precentral routes you to their web page when you attempt to upload. What gives?
    try tapping the numbers from the main page?? like where it says last page or the page number ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Gauzza View Post
    Since update to webos 1.3.1 several of the homebrew apps are not available. Precentral routes you to their web page when you attempt to upload. What gives?
    those apps are not updated yet thats why it wont let you load them . ask the maintainer or dev. of the app when it will be updated is my best advice
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    try tapping the numbers from the main page?? like where it says last page or the page number ??
    from the main precentral page or the main precentral forum page.. it seem like its at its worst from within the forums if i'm browsing new posts and trying to go to the next page.. it still occurs on the main precentral site.. but a whole lot less..
    yeah from the new posts main page it works for me but inside a thread it seems to take a couple of tries sometimes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    The whole number link thing at the bottom of the PreCentral Mobile page is driving me insane! I also don't like how it highlights a link with every little touch. In 1.2.1 it would just ignore miss-hits all together.

AND there was already a solution to accidentally hitting links on a link heavy page . . . . Flip to landscape and scroll in the gesture area.

Why Palm deemed it necessary to spend their time trying to fix something I had never seen complaints about and ignore the issues that people want addressed is beyond me.
    Even the New Posts link gives problems. I was also able to reproduce it on links on the mobile NYTimes.

Might be a scaling or viewport issue. Can't quite put my finger on it, so to speak.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Even the New Posts link gives problems. I was also able to reproduce it on links on the mobile NYTimes.

Might be a scaling or viewport issue. Can't quite put my finger on it, so to speak.
    nice use of pun there lol.. but yeah.. its rather annoying..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast