Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    DONT UPGRADE WEBOS V1.3.1!!! just yet. I have had some issues when downloading this and so have others. The main issue that scared me was, after i downloaded v1.3.1, i wasnt able to connect the usb to my computer. It wouldnt see it and wouldnt give me the option to charge, sync media, etc. SO DONT DOWNLOAD IT JUST YET UNTIL THEY CAN FIND OUT THE PROBLEMS. ALSO IF YOU HAD PREWARE PATCHES, AND WERE USING V.1.2, THEN UPGRADING TO WEBOS V1.3.1, V1.3.1 WILL MESS UP YOUR PATCHES! SOME WILL STILL BE ON THERE AND SOME WONT JUST WORK AT ALL. AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO UPDATE THEM BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU A ERROR. PLEASE WAIT BEFORE UPGRADING!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    nice 2nd post
    if you used the epr patch you should not have to worry about all that
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    it seems like you updated without removing the patches, which is the most likely cause of your problems.

the vast majority have no problem updating when they remove themes and patches first, as is described pretty much everywhere on the site.

waiting will not help people who don't uninstall the patches/themes.
    There are four lights.
    No problem here. Not one!
    You did not play by the rules.
  6.    #6  
    Well for one thing, webos 1.3.1 didnt say anything about having to remove the patches before updating (or at least i never had any notice doing that) and like i said, others have had the same issue because i dont think there was a notice on uninstalling the patches before 1.3.1. but im sure thats the problem because it makes sense. but i guess i should say, UNINSTALL PREWARE PATCHES BEFORE UPDATING WEBOS 1.3.1!!!!!! THANKS GUYS!
    Quote Originally Posted by APlickity View Post
    Well for one thing, webos 1.3.1 didnt say anything about having to remove the patches before updating (or at least i never had any notice doing that) and like i said, others have had the same issue because i dont think there was a notice on uninstalling the patches before 1.3.1. but im sure thats the problem because it makes sense. but i guess i should say, UNINSTALL PREWARE PATCHES BEFORE UPDATING WEBOS 1.3.1!!!!!! THANKS GUYS!
    Really? In the "official" PreCentral article announcing 1.3.1 the following statement appears in the main summary before clicking "read more":

A word of caution to all patchers and themers: before updating remove all patches and themes. We don't want you to accidentally screw up your Pre. We're doing it and so should you.

As others have pointed out, the update is not flawed but many users are.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    It amazes me when people know enough to hack/patch their systems..... but do not bother to read the associated materials that are provided...

The warning to remove all patches has been echoed *every time* the OS is updated. This is not a new problem....

And exactly why would anyone expect palm to have to warn you about it? It isn't a palm problem.
    your right palm does not make the patches, and they don't remind you to remove them. The instructions for webos qi and preware however, do.

and I agree a thread titled uninstall patches and themes before 1.3.1 would be a useful addition to the forum, even if it is a repeat imho.

you could always flag your post and ask the mods to change the thread title, you might save some other person a headache!
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    DONT UPGRADE WEBOS V1.3.1!!! just yet. I have had some issues when downloading this and so have others. The main issue that scared me was, after i downloaded v1.3.1, i wasnt able to connect the usb to my computer. It wouldnt see it and wouldnt give me the option to charge, sync media, etc. SO DONT DOWNLOAD IT JUST YET UNTIL THEY CAN FIND OUT THE PROBLEMS. ALSO IF YOU HAD PREWARE PATCHES, AND WERE USING V.1.2, THEN UPGRADING TO WEBOS V1.3.1, V1.3.1 WILL MESS UP YOUR PATCHES! SOME WILL STILL BE ON THERE AND SOME WONT JUST WORK AT ALL. AND YOU WONT BE ABLE TO UPDATE THEM BECAUSE IT GIVES YOU A ERROR. PLEASE WAIT BEFORE UPGRADING!

Reboot your computer. I had the same problem. I did use EPR but it did the same thing to me. Rebooted the old 'puter and it worked just fine. I love 1.3.1 so far the fact that things move MUCH quicker for me was worth it. I have all my apps back on that I wanted along with all the enhances.
  11. NaS
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    lost 200 plus contacts and cant sign in to any of my ims! even removed all (im accounts) and started over! still not loggin!
  12.    #12  
    are you guys still able to to connect your usb to your computer with your computer being able to read your pre? once i did update my palm to 1.3.1, somehow my pre wasnt able to connect with my computer. maybe it was something else. give me a heads up if your able to and i'll reupdate my pre to 1.3.1
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Updated to 1.3.1 and connected to my cpu first time and now every time. I played by the rules and yanked my tweaks prior to the update.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Mine recognizes it. It's been plugged into my computer charging.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by NaS View Post
    lost 200 plus contacts and cant sign in to any of my ims! even removed all (im accounts) and started over! still not loggin!
    that happened to me. i updated to 1.3.1, had an issue connecting my palm to my computer after, then i used webos doctor and wiped it out. after i restarted my palm pre fresh, put in my recovered my account so i could get my contacts, but then when i got to the main screen, all my contacts were gone but somehow some of my old apps i installed were still on. i had to find all my contacts manually and it sucked entering them in. I am sure that i even backed up my pre with all my contacts!!!did this happen to you after you installed 1.3.1? im trying to figure out if this is just a coincidence or if its actually web os 1.3.1 issue. let me know!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by zepolant View Post
    Mine recognizes it. It's been plugged into my computer charging.
    sweet! maybe there was just a glitch that so happened to occure at the same time i updated 1.3.1. i'll give the new update a try! thanks!
    so what now my phone is just screwed>? i updated without removing anything themes and all i forgot to remove .

can anyone help me get my pre back to normal? i need themesssss
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fishscale View Post
    so what now my phone is just screwed>? i updated without removing anything themes and all i forgot to remove .

can anyone help me get my pre back to normal? i need themesssss
    Sounds like you need the Dr.

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ll-v2-9-a.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgpayne View Post
    It amazes me when people know enough to hack/patch their systems..... but do not bother to read the associated materials that are provided...

The warning to remove all patches has been echoed *every time* the OS is updated. This is not a new problem....

And exactly why would anyone expect palm to have to warn you about it? It isn't a palm problem.
    Thats the problem,to many of these people think they are hacking,patching their phones,and all these jokers are doin are clicking an option in preware or webosqi. So really,it doesn't surprise me at all,and I have no apathy for any of them.I spent alot of nights reading,and hand patching my phone in the begining,if these guys can't take alittle time to read about what these 3rd party programs are actually doing,then they dserve broken phones. Good luck to them all.
    MINE WORKS JUST FINE! Oh, wait, there is a caps key.

All updates require you to remove patches before doing so. Most folks just got lucky that 1.2.1 didn't wreak too much havoc.

Not so lucky this time around.

Complacency sucks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast