1.    #1  
    I tried using the alarm a while back but since have stopped since it has no timer shut off.. Every alarm clock I ever had shutdown on its own after exactly 1 hour if nothing was touched .. I had an alarm on once and left my phone in the hotel room to go swimming and when I came back my pre was dead.. The alarm kept going until the pre died.. Has this issue been fixed?
  2.    #2  
    bump
    I didn't even know the issue existed.

Personally, I don't see this as a bug, I see it as a feature.

If I set an alarm, I want the alarm to keep ringing until I notice it, and I'm not going to set and alarm and then leave my Pre in a hotel room. Just not going to happen.
  4.    #4  
    normally I would say the same but this was an alarm that was set, albeit due to the lack of customazation the native alarm clock gives, a alarm that was set not for the vacation but a daily alarm that I happen not to turn off simply as I forgot.. Regardless every alarm I have ever owned, yes even those built into mobile phones .. With shut after 1 hour, realizing umm noones answering..lets conserve battery. Even my curve did this and its alarm was far mor customizable than this
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Feature, not bug imo.
  6.    #6  
    well fortunately for you noone asked your opinion on that.

the point is.. Any app/function should not allow itself to continuously run until the battery has be depleted. I do not use this alarm because this one FEATURE has shown me I can't. I am jewish and keep the sabbath. Which means that I can not operate electronic devices on that day Which means that I would not use this abismal Feature that in the same way as an imbecile like you .

People use phones diffenrently .. I had not asked who thought this was a feature, rather if this ISSUE had been fixed.

I'm sorry for this rant but I can't stand when ppl not only do not have any intention to answer the questions of a poster but instead berate the OP for their questions. If you have nothing to say on the Topic that is the thread title ... Move to the next thread
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Two things -

Play nice. There's always a noise level. Learn to live with it.

Test it again, yourself.

Have a nice weekend,

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  8.    #8  
    love the help in this "community"
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    The only issue or bug per say that I have found with the Alarm is that if you hit Snooze it resets it to go off the following morning instead of snoozing it for 5-10 minutes like it should. Luckily I woke up on my own after I hit it or else I would have been really late for work.
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    well fortunately for you noone asked your opinion on that.

I am jewish and keep the sabbath.

....an imbecile like you .

I'm sorry for this rant but I can't stand when ppl not only do not have any intention to answer the questions of a poster but instead berate the OP for their questions. If you have nothing to say on the Topic that is the thread title ... Move to the next thread
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    love the help in this "community"

1. Actually, you and I both asked his opinion indirectly with our brief discussion about whether it was a feature or a bug.

2. You keep the sabbath holy, yet you jump to calling people names when they have done nothing to you? You should speak to your rabbi about that one. I think there is some incongruity.

3. Until this post, when did anybody post anything could be considered "berating" you? People went off on a side discussion about whether it was a feature or a bug. It seems the general consensus is that it's a feature, and probably won't ever be "fixed," because it isn't broken.

When you walk into a room full of strangers and ask a question, you have no right to be angry because you don't like the way they answered it. Nobody is beholden to you or anyone else around here. We come here to ask and answer questions, and discuss whatever seems interesting along the way. Nobody has a direct answer for your question because it looks like nobody but you thinks it is a bug, so people are discussing what seems interesting.