Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    All my contacts are gone . Palm Profile will not resend my contacts back to me (if it even saved them to begin with).

All Patches/Tweaks work though...
    Palm Pre | WebOS 1.4.1.1 | Sprint
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    All my contacts are gone . Palm Profile will not resend my contacts back to me (if it even saved them to begin with).

All Patches/Tweaks work though...

Well.. I can't say I didn't... anyhow

Some people have experienced the same issue and have had luck with palm finding them 'in the cloud.' Its worth a shot, give their tech support line a call tomorrow... I didn't even try as both times I had made sure they were backed up on google before running to the doctor (so I'm reporting this info as word of mouth).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    Quote Originally Posted by ethanallenk View Post
    After downloading 1.3.1, file coaster doesnt work. Anyone have a solution?
    Yep: http://install.preware.org

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    I'm having trouble sending contacts from my pre to my wife's pre and vice versa. I've tried using both MMS and email to send the contacts from one phone to the other. The contact is sent without any problems but the receiving pre can never open or add the new contact. The receiving pre will only open the contacts LIST but not view or add the new contact. Prior to the 1.3.1 update we were able to send contacts to each other without issue. My wife and I both updated to 1.3.1. Wife's Pre has never had any tweeks and I removed all tweeks prior to updating to 1.3.1.

Has anyone else had the same issue?
  5.    #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Well.. I can't say I didn't... anyhow

Some people have experienced the same issue and have had luck with palm finding them 'in the cloud.' Its worth a shot, give their tech support line a call tomorrow... I didn't even try as both times I had made sure they were backed up on google before running to the doctor (so I'm reporting this info as word of mouth).
    I know. But it said it was synced up as of yesterday morning (backup app), so I believed it. Last time I make that mistake lol.

I have a person friend who used to work in our HR department who now works at Sprint. I talked to her yesterday and she's going to see what she can do for me. She got me this phone 1 week before my 'upgrade' kicked in, so I have confidence in her ability to get things done .
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Here are some of my observations after the upgrade. I did remove all patches and a theme I was using because I knew I could brick my phone...

1. trying to opening the launcher, sometimes open the status window on the top...
    2. phone feels sluggish everywhere except photo manager
    3. ringtones that are longer than 2 seconds, are cutting off in the middle, it seems like that part was sped up too... I tried to reload them thinking the MP3 files were corrupt but even brand new copy did the same thing...
    4. tried backing up everything and first time got a message that "backup suspended" tried two more times and it started working. just opened it again while typing this and same thing happened, looks like automatic backup setting are affected somehow as well but I am not sure if its WebOS update or the patches I am using...
    5. center button doesn't always wake up the phone anymore when slider is left open
    Last edited by Alik R; 11/18/2009 at 09:50 AM. Reason: addition
    Anyone notice a change in the way the alarm app plays after 1.3.1? There seems to be an extra 1 second pause now, so the sounds are spaced further apart. I hope it's just not my phone, can someone confirm please? [pm me if you don't mind]
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 11/18/2009 at 10:34 AM.
  8.    #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    Here are some of my observations after the upgrade. I did remove all patches and a theme I was using because I knew I could brick my phone...

1. trying to opening the launcher, sometimes open the status window on the top...
    2. phone feels sluggish everywhere except photo manager
    3. ringtones that are longer than 2 seconds, are cutting off in the middle, it seems like that part was sped up too... I tried to reload them thinking the MP3 files were corrupt but even brand new copy did the same thing...
    4. tried backing up everything and first time got a message that "backup suspended" tried two more times and it started working. just opened it again while typing this and same thing happened, looks like automatic backup setting are affected somehow as well but I am not sure if its WebOS update or the patches I am using...
    5. center button doesn't always wake up the phone anymore when slider is left open
    1. Works fine for me.
    2. Don't see any more sluggishness than before.
    3. Haven't really noticed that since I haven't played with it.
    4. I think their server went down over the weekend, may still be having issues. I spoke to my Sprint friend and she's having me call Palm because her in-store Palm person is saying they may still be having issues.
    5. Noticed this too.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Quote Originally Posted by IlyaK View Post
    Or they could just read forums like these and include the 'tweaks' in their official updates as clearly that is what people want. Instead, they fix a bunch of stuff that isn't that important.

As far as other threads, I didn't see one for 'everything'...the ones around had to do with some specific. I wanted to get a list out there and a general 'trend' of issues.
    The official PreCentral HomeBrew/WebOSInternals team did indeed post a comprehensive, and regularly updating list of all the patches that had and have been ported and updated to work with 1.3.1. It was out and up well prior to the 1.3.1 upgrade going public.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...lity-list.html

As for WebDoctoring your device, if you updated to 1.3.1 without uninstalling your theme and running EPR, then that may be your best option for a clear and smooth upgrade. I'm getting better battery life than before. I'm wondering if some of the battery life issues may be attributed to the OS trying to run all those broken patches for some people. Let us know if you need any help!

~Kelly

"Two things are infinite: the universe, and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~Albert Einstein
  10.    #50  
    Thanks. Phone is running fine, except for the fact that Palm didn't back up my contacts like it said it did.
    My CarDomain - 5/30/09
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Ilya,

i think you should try all of it first i had some very cool ringtones downloaded from precentral but now they really don't sound right, so i might revert back to sume simple sounds. thank you for the server info, i was able to back up my Pre according to the message on screen, not sure if its true or not though...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123