Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I am having some issues with the new update. My Pre seems to be very laggy at times and slow. I can reset the device it and runs great, but then after a while it just gets really slow.

I am also experience issues with too many cards open, when I only have 2 to 3 cards opened. These are problems that I never experienced much with 1.2.1. I am curious if anyone else is experience issues like this with the new update.
    I see no improvement from 1.2.1 to 1.3.1 in terms of general responsiveness. Darn thing is still much too slow to open apps, swipe in launcher from page to page, etc. Swiping up and down on the same launcher page is even slow. It also hangs for a second or two from time to time when swiping cards off the top of the screen. Photos and Music are improved once their opened. For me, the consistently slow speed of the UI is becoming a problem (I'm a launch day Pre owner). I figured by now, after multiple updates, it would be much improved.
    I DR'd my Pre yesterday for the first time since launch day and have noticed a HUGE performance difference, everything is opening much faster.

I'm not sure if its related to the update or the DR but its very nice either way.
    I suggest DR' ing the damn thing. I had similar slowish experience int eh 1.2.1 update. After the DR it worked like a charm. Maybe I played too much with patcihgn and services that maybe some services stayed on and took more resources than the phone could hande, I don't know. All I know is that it worked much better than before. Right now the phone is performing as expected for my taste. No slowish page swiping or anything.
    you got that right. What most people don't realize is that if you don't modify your phone with patches and themes it'll be ok. However, patches and themes interfere with the whole code. I wrote all my stuff down and added the info to my addy book in Yahoo. I then doctored it and immediately gave it the update. Followed by replacing patches and syncing. Worked like a charm. I immediately noticed it was twice as fast and accurate. Yes, it took me a good 30 mins but its like a new phone now. Luvs it
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarbirdpmd View Post
    you got that right. What most people don't realize is that if you don't modify your phone with patches and themes it'll be ok. However, patches and themes interfere with the whole code. I wrote all my stuff down and added the info to my addy book in Yahoo. I then doctored it and immediately gave it the update. Followed by replacing patches and syncing. Worked like a charm. I immediately noticed it was twice as fast and accurate. Yes, it took me a good 30 mins but its like a new phone now. Luvs it
    Did you have to uninstall the patches before you Dr'd the unit? I've got a brand new unit (exchanged a couple days ago) and since the update, everything is REALLY sluggish. I've had to close and reopen items to get them to open fully. Never DR'd a unit, so just wondering....

thanks!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've already Dr'd my Pre and it still gets laggy at times.

I am still experiencing a major memory leak issue with 1.3.1. I get the "Too Many Cards" error several times throughout the day. I rarely got this when I was running 1.2.1. The funny thing is, I get this when I have no cards opened!!! Now people can say, just restart the device and you will be fine, but this thing takes about 2 minutes to reboot. I really hope palm fixes this memory leak issue soon.
    The only thing I've done 'special' to my phone is add fileCoaster. And, now that doesn't even work. It just tries to load a list indefinitely.

I've added no patches or updates, outside of what is offered in the Updates app. I've added no themes.

Yet, the phone is turning into a piece of junk. I have to click links multiple times...sometimes I'll get no response from some links. It's quite sluggish, to the point of freezing momentarily while trying to perform tasks that used to present no issue. And I didn't notice a lot of these issues until after loading 1.3.1.

If I have to Dr this thing....and start from scratch....I'll just look to the Hero or something. They have better apps over there anyway. ;-)
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    I used WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 and my phone is still up to the buggy vibes that 1.3.1 initially brought. Something in 1.3.1 is wreaking havoc with memory use. Loading web pages is now excruciatingly slow and freezes the phone at times (like in the engadget Pixi hands on video) Additionally, the out of memory error now appears to have no images in it (maybe not even enough memory for those?)

Here's a post from drnull about the memory usage http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2052270

Here's a screencap of my latest out of memory message (This phone has no tweaks, developer mode was enabled, drPodder was installed, developer mode was disabled.)
    My fiancee is having the exact same issues and complains about having to reboot her phone and of extremely fast battery drain.

Web OS 1.3.1 out of memory error

I really hope that WebOS 1.3.2 hits before the end of the month. Palm kinda messed up this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiehs View Post
    I used WebOS Doctor 1.3.1 and my phone is still up to the buggy vibes that 1.3.1 initially brought. Something in 1.3.1 is wreaking havoc with memory use. Loading web pages is now excruciatingly slow and freezes the phone at times (like in the engadget Pixi hands on video) Additionally, the out of memory error now appears to have no images in it (maybe not even enough memory for those?)

Here's a post from drnull about the memory usage http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2052270

Here's a screencap of my latest out of memory message (This phone has no tweaks, developer mode was enabled, drPodder was installed, developer mode was disabled.)
    My fiancee is having the exact same issues and complains about having to reboot her phone and of extremely fast battery drain.

Web OS 1.3.1 out of memory error

I really hope that WebOS 1.3.2 hits before the end of the month. Palm kinda messed up this update.
    you should use the webos repair utility and see if it finds whats causing your memory leak
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    you should use the webos repair utility and see if it finds whats causing your memory leak
    Thanks for the suggestion,
    but no files were modified. As far as I read, WebOS Repair Utility is only useful if you need to restore system files back to their original state, and that's not really applicable on a device that was just WebOS doctored.

Oh, and I lost data from Memos & Tasks when I doctored, even though I manually ran a backup before doctoring. My older tasks and memos were not saved, only ones I had created since WebOS 1.3.1 was first installed.