1.    #1  
    Looks like the Shortcovers ebook reader is broken by the 1.3.1 upgrade. Some chapters don't load ... the app just hangs with the spinner icon.

I've reported it at feedback@shortcovers.com. Very annoying as I was deep in the heart of a book.

Anyone else seen this or found any work arounds?
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Looks like the Shortcovers ebook reader is broken by the 1.3.1 upgrade. Some chapters don't load ... the app just hangs with the spinner icon.

I've reported it at feedback@shortcovers.com. Very annoying as I was deep in the heart of a book.

Anyone else seen this or found any work arounds?
    I am having same problems. I was reading books on ereader in Classic and it now has problems too. So repurchased books through Shortcovers so I could keep reading. Now Shortcovers is broke too. Looks like I wasted my money.
    I too found that Shortcovers hangs. But pjjohn73 I don't think you have "wasted your money." Shortcovers has been very good about offering refunds. Send them an e-mail.
    Kyocera 6035 > Samsung SPH-i300 > i330 > i500 > Treo 600 > 700p > 755p > PRĒ Minus > Touchpad & FrankenPre2
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    ouch. Thanks for the heads up.
    same problem with me i e- mailed them this morning

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    I too found that Shortcovers hangs. But pjjohn73 I don't think you have "wasted your money." Shortcovers has been very good about offering refunds. Send them an e-mail.
    Thanks for the information about refunds... I will give it a few days and see if if it is fixed first.

Edit: I purchased to same books on Shortcovers that I already had on eReader(in Classic) so that I could read, but seeing as Shortcovers in working well either (classic loads sometimes, so it at least works while waiting for a fix) I am going to ask for a refund from Shortcovers. I will buy more books from them when this is fixed.

While they are at it it would be nice to be able to bookmark without a internet connection when the book is downloaded to the phone.
    Last edited by pjjohn73; 11/16/2009 at 08:39 AM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Now Shortcovers is broke too. Looks like I wasted my money.
    I've found that the folks at Shortcovers have actually been pretty responsive. I was upset when I couldn't read my book (since I was way into it), and I'm surprised they didn't test with 1.3.1 since it was available to developers. But I do hope/expect they will have a fix pretty quickly.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I'm also having the same issue. I sent them an email, but wth am I supposed to do in the meantime? I love this phone, but the bugs are really disappointing.
    has anyone heard back from shortcovers?
  10.    #10  
    I got a reply to my initial email. Said they hadn't been informed about the update and that "a compatible app should be available very soon." I wrote back saying they *should* have know about the update ... and offered to email them before the next one
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    I also had some chapters hanging while using Shortcovers post-1.3.1. So, I just went back to a computer when I could, and read those chapters online via shortcovers.com ... Not a perfect solution, but I'm a desperate book-reader.
  12.    #12  
    Update for Shortcovers in the App Catalog today. Seems to fix the problem I had with hanging chapters.

Have to say that's pretty good response time ... although it would be nicer if they actually were aware of the update ahead of time.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Update for Shortcovers in the App Catalog today. Seems to fix the problem I had with hanging chapters.

Have to say that's pretty good response time ... although it would be nicer if they actually were aware of the update ahead of time.
    It works again! Hip Hip..
    Is anyone experiencing serious lag time with app? I don't recall having to wait so long for a chapter to load from a book downloaded to my device.
  15.    #15  
    Not significantly slower that I've noticed. It's always been a little slow to load a new chapter IMO. I think there were some timeout issues for longer chapters with 1.3.1, so maybe they take a little longer.
    I can't open this app for the life of me.