1.    #1  
    Do I have to update now? How long do I have until Palm will force me to update? Will I be notified before the forced update so I can remove my patches/tweaks?

I've been reading about all of the issues with 1.3.1 and the lost compatibility with many of the Patches and nothing in 1.3.1 really means anything to me. So do I have to update? Thanks!
    in a word maybe. If you can turn off the update daemon you won't be prompted to update. More info can be found around here somewhere. But if you don't it will download it and install it automatically.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    in a word maybe. If you can turn off the update daemon you won't be prompted to update. More info can be found around here somewhere. But if you don't it will download it and install it automatically.
    Thanks for the reply. I checked out the "turn off update daemon" idea and looks like I would have to root to do that. With wife, 2 kids, full time job, & law school...I really don't have time to learn how to root. I was just hoping I would at least have a week or so before it forced the update. I haven't openned the Update App since 1.3.1 arrived, and I haven't been prompted to update yet...
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I checked out the "turn off update daemon" idea and looks like I would have to root to do that. With wife, 2 kids, full time job, & law school...I really don't have time to learn how to root. I was just hoping I would at least have a week or so before it forced the update. I haven't openned the Update App since 1.3.1 arrived, and I haven't been prompted to update yet...
    Same here. I was dragging icons and almost tapped it, scared the crap out of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreJamison View Post
    To be honest, it is not that hard to "root". I think it took me about 30 minutes to an hour to disable updates without having any prior rooting experience. Plus I believe you can use the command line in WebOSQuickInstall. If you need further assistance, let me know.
    How about downgrading back to 1.2.1, better battery life and the ability to copy and download JPG photos. Is it possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    How about downgrading back to 1.2.1, better battery life and the ability to copy and download JPG photos. Is it possible?
    Yes. Download the current WebOSDoctor (1.2.1) listed on Palm's website and doctor your phone back to 1.2.1.