Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After upgrading to WebOS 1.3.1:
    - Quick Contacts 0.9.19 gets stuck during loading phase
    - File Coaster 1.1.4 gets stuck during app loading phase
    - patch application fails
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Deleted emails will not sync off of my phone when previously deleted from pc.
    Quote Originally Posted by sorin@papuc.com View Post
    After upgrading to WebOS 1.3.1:
    - Quick Contacts 0.9.19 gets stuck during loading phase
    - File Coaster 1.1.4 gets stuck during app loading phase
    - patch application fails
    For QI, here is what you need to do:
    1. Using the launcher (not Preware), Orange+tap on Quick Contacts to delete it
    2. Go into Preware and redownload Quick Contacts
    3. Re-enter all your contacts and reset preferences

At that point, it should work.. sucks about having to reenter the contacts, but this seems to be the general concensus on how to get this to work again. (and it worked for me)
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I tried doing the orange + tap on quick contacts to remove it but it doesn't do anything. It locks up the launcher page. It looks like it was trying to bring up another card from below for quick contacts but only gets as high as the top banner for quick contacts and doesn't give me any options.
    When I'm in preware, the program is sluggish and dies not want to respond in a quick manner. Also tapping on the themes section it freezes up and will not load. Is there a oatch coming or update for preware coming soon for it to work with the update? Thanks fir any support or words of advice given.
    David
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    i had to doctor mine b/c it was screwed... it's clean and now installing 1.3.1... i have my fingers crossed
    My messaging app is not showing a thread that I have, it only shows if I send her a text, then the thread reappears. Any ideas on how to fix this? I cant even delete the thread that I have with her and its going to get really long if I cant swipe it away! HELP!!!
    I can't get File Coaster to upload or the Pre Themes. They keep "spinning". Opening Preware works fine, though. Anyone else have the same issues?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    i had the same problem with quick contacts but downloaded an update that fixed it.
    Since using the patch to go directly to "just charge" when plugged in to computer, I can't select it to go to USB and my computer doesn't recognize the Pre at all since I installed the new update. As a matter of fact all of the Preware updates wouldn't update and I couldn't remove them. I tried removing Preware thinking that the patches would go away with it and then i would re-install it. I tried resetting the phone totally but still nothing...someone please help me. Should I just take it to the store and tell them that it stopped responding to my computer or chalk it up as a loss because I was told that if you use the patches it voids your warranty on the phone.
    I also cannot installed patches in preware. Before updating to 1.3.1 I un-installed all my patches. When I try to install them again I get an error. I think I have traced it to my package service manager not being up to date (ipkg). I am currently looking to find where I downloaded that from.
    I would love to try that if I could get my Pre to give me the options for USB, Charge or Sync when I plug it into my computer...im so frustrated right now
    I have the same issue-so what did you do. I want a revert to to previous version button.
    have you tried removing the just charge patch?
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    No actually, I removed Preware altogether thinking the patches would go away with the intention of reinstalling it but since it isn't there i can't get to the patches to uninstall them nor can i reinstalll Preware because my computer won't recognize the computer.
    I have the same issue as SolidSnake96 - I had uninstalled all patches and the theme prior to upgrade. Upgrade went well and I reinstalled several 1.3.1 patches but themes are a nogo either from Preware (just hangs when you try to enter the Themes section) or from WebOSQuickInstall - just can't install themes... From the WebOSQuickInstall, it installed the wallpaper but I kept getting Error 5 and Error 19 dialog boxes during the install. Finally had to kill the process in Windows.
    i also had the same problem, so i downloaded the ipk file for the theme i wanted and then used quick install and it worked flawless hope this helps
    I got a notification to upgrade to 1.2 today rather than 1.3. I had no choice but to download and it wiped my phone clean. After that I checked the upgrade in the launcher and 1.3 was available. I guess they are simply wiping the mods before authorizing 1.3 now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    My messaging app is not showing a thread that I have, it only shows if I send her a text, then the thread reappears. Any ideas on how to fix this? I cant even delete the thread that I have with her and its going to get really long if I cant swipe it away! HELP!!!
    I had the same prob. I would try deleting the contact profile and in facebook, then reset phone and then add back
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingie83 View Post
    i also had the same problem, so i downloaded the ipk file for the theme i wanted and then used quick install and it worked flawless hope this helps
    I downloaded the zip file (not ipk) file for the theme and used WebOSQuickInstall to install it and that's what gave all the Dialog errors....
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast