Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm holding off on the upgrade (as long as I can) until I feel comfortable about the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by psenecka View Post
    I have multiple patches/apps loaded to my Pre via Preware and WebOSQuickInstall.

Is there any clear cut way to safely update my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    For the tweaks/patch issues use Emergency Patch Recovery. It will uninstall all patches and then remove itself at that same moment. Worked for me thus far.
    I have a friend trying the emergency patch recovery so, I have not tried this route myself. It was a little bit of a pain but I did a partial erase and reinstalled preware and it seems (so far) to be installing my tweaks and working properly... Any comments from anyone would be great. Thanks To All...

So, I noticed that all my notes are blank now. Maybe not a good idea to do a partial erase...
    Last edited by kirkdsmith70; 11/18/2009 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Glitch...
    Whenever I try to install the EPR it tells me there are no patches installed...what do I do now?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monyette Smith View Post
    Whenever I try to install the EPR it tells me there are no patches installed...what do I do now?
    Just restart your phone. The EPR runs automatically after you restart. All your patches will be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by princesslangford View Post
    yahooIM wont connect
    my alert/notification volume wont work, it is very LOUD. it plays through my speaker even when the headset is plugged in.
    quickcontacts wont work
    when i. reset my phone, ringer volume resets (highest volume)
    can no longer add a personal text tone to each contact
    system volume alert is the camera shutter tone by default
    no patch for virtual keyboard
    unable to resend text message after it has failed (only option to foward which takes more steps)

IM SURE THERE ARE OTHERS. I will update as a find more errors
    I can confirm that my alert/notification volume won't work. It is loud that I have to put my phone only on vibrate.
    System volume sound control is the camera shutter tone though it says alert.wav, so something is foobar on that. The volume control on system volume doesn't seem to do anything or control the system volume.
    I uninstalled the 'tweaks' i had done to the pre previously using WOSQI and allowed the phone to update to 1.3.1 and it seemed to be ok when it came back up. Then, like an *****, i went to put my favorite tweaks back on (without realizing i should have updated WOSQI) and when the phone rebooted, i no longer had any application icons in the launcher, none, nil, nada! I am at a loss for what to do - and i really dont want to have to 'wipe' the phone if at all possible. I know that some of the apps are working, messaging, phone, etc, but i dont have any icons - just a blank launcher page with a search box at the top. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would EPR help at this point? Or am i destined to have to 'doctor' the phone back to factory and start over?? Thanks for any advice.
    Sorry to reply to my own post, but i tried the EPR using WOSQI 2.9 and after the reboot, all my icons in the launcher were back!!! I just wanted to post back in case anyone else ran into this same issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIowaKid View Post
    My messaging app is not showing a thread that I have, it only shows if I send her a text, then the thread reappears. Any ideas on how to fix this? I cant even delete the thread that I have with her and its going to get really long if I cant swipe it away! HELP!!!
    I experienced the same problem. Plus I have a large grey button in the center of every message. The buttons do nothing when pressed. (I could not post a screenshot of the glitch due to the minimum 10 post quota)

It's just an oddity I experienced by failing to uninstall patches before the 1.3.1 update and it remains even following EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery). I'll fix it.

P.S. Thanks to all the great developers out there! You guys rock! Donate to them, I do
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RikM View Post
    I experienced the same problem. Plus I have a large grey button in the center of every message. The buttons do nothing when pressed. (I could not post a screenshot of the glitch due to the minimum 10 post quota)

It's just an oddity I experienced by failing to uninstall patches before the 1.3.1 update and it remains even following EPR (Emergency Patch Recovery). I'll fix it.

P.S. Thanks to all the great developers out there! You guys rock! Donate to them, I do
    i had the exact same grey bar problem. anyone know how to fix this?
    After using EPR to fix errors due to patching using an older version of WOSQI i am left with two oddities that i can 'see.' One is the large grey button on text messages, even old ones that have been saved, not just new ones that have come in since the upgrade. And also i now have a 'find' box at the top of the launcher when its open - not a big deal, but just an annoyance. I have checked the forums and havent seen anyone posting about the latter issue. I have attached screen shots of both issues. Has anyone seen the 'find' box in launcher? And is there anyway around the two issues at this time other than 'doctoring' the phone? TIA!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I downloaded WebOS and installed it on my computer and used it to download some apps. When I closed the program and look for it again to download more programs I can't find it.
    Where would it be on my computer? Is it in a folder under program folders?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Weird 1.3.1 upgrade issue... clock no longer displays AM and/or PM. Anyone else have this issue? Or a solution for that matter?

Cheers.
    i lost all my contacts on my pre profile
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterzzz View Post
    After using EPR to fix errors due to patching using an older version of WOSQI i am left with two oddities that i can 'see.' One is the large grey button on text messages, even old ones that have been saved, not just new ones that have come in since the upgrade. And also i now have a 'find' box at the top of the launcher when its open - not a big deal, but just an annoyance. I have checked the forums and havent seen anyone posting about the latter issue. I have attached screen shots of both issues. Has anyone seen the 'find' box in launcher? And is there anyway around the two issues at this time other than 'doctoring' the phone? TIA!!!
    anyone have any luck figuring out how to solve the grey bar issue? any help would be extremely helpful!
    1.3 sucks ***, the only good thing about it is tht it forwards,...i got no vitual key board smiley faces, slide to close patches,...nothing!,..anyone help me get em?
    how do i do the EPR?
    Make sure you have the latest version of WebOS Quick Install (v2.90) and connect your Pre as you usually would to a USB port. Put the Pre in developer mode and once it returns from a reboot, you can then use WOSQI and select the Tweak option from the menu and you will see the EPR button. It takes a moment or two to run, but once it reboots, any patches previously applied should be gone. HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by jinrummy View Post
    i had the exact same grey bar problem. anyone know how to fix this?
    I was having patch problems, i ran the emergency patch app and then they were fixed. I reinstalled my patches and then bam.... mysterious gray buttons in messaging. ran the emergency patch app and they are still there... i am going to try the webos doctor now. but does any one have a solution yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    I tried doing the orange + tap on quick contacts to remove it but it doesn't do anything. It locks up the launcher page. It looks like it was trying to bring up another card from below for quick contacts but only gets as high as the top banner for quick contacts and doesn't give me any options.
    i have the same problem. anyone find the answer?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123