Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    overall I've been using 1.3.1 for two days now and evrything about the update stinks. The phone overall is slower and little things just take longer to do. Waiting on updates to fix problems, hope the update gets better as time passes, and allows the phone to work properly again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidsnake96 View Post
    When I'm in preware, the program is sluggish and dies not want to respond in a quick manner. Also tapping on the themes section it freezes up and will not load. Is there a oatch coming or update for preware coming soon for it to work with the update? Thanks fir any support or words of advice given.
    David
    +1 concerning the comment on the themes
    Quote Originally Posted by Monyette Smith View Post
    Since using the patch to go directly to "just charge" when plugged in to computer, I can't select it to go to USB and my computer doesn't recognize the Pre at all since I installed the new update. As a matter of fact all of the Preware updates wouldn't update and I couldn't remove them. I tried removing Preware thinking that the patches would go away with it and then i would re-install it. I tried resetting the phone totally but still nothing...someone please help me. Should I just take it to the store and tell them that it stopped responding to my computer or chalk it up as a loss because I was told that if you use the patches it voids your warranty on the phone.
    I messed up and did not un-install all my preware patches. Now, they do not work and i can not remove them and re-install them. I really don't want to wipe the phone clean. Any suggestions???
    overall I've been using 1.3.1 for two days now and evrything about the update stinks. The phone overall is slower and little things just take longer to do. Waiting on updates to fix problems, hope the update gets better as time passes, and allows the phone to work properly again.
    +1 on this one. Regretting this update big time.... Broke more than it fixed....
    yahooIM wont connect
    my alert/notification volume wont work, it is very LOUD. it plays through my speaker even when the headset is plugged in.
    quickcontacts wont work
    when i. reset my phone, ringer volume resets (highest volume)
    can no longer add a personal text tone to each contact
    system volume alert is the camera shutter tone by default
    no patch for virtual keyboard
    unable to resend text message after it has failed (only option to foward which takes more steps)

IM SURE THERE ARE OTHERS. I will update as a find more errors
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_nc View Post
    I have the same issue as SolidSnake96 - I had uninstalled all patches and the theme prior to upgrade. Upgrade went well and I reinstalled several 1.3.1 patches but themes are a nogo either from Preware (just hangs when you try to enter the Themes section) or from WebOSQuickInstall - just can't install themes... From the WebOSQuickInstall, it installed the wallpaper but I kept getting Error 5 and Error 19 dialog boxes during the install. Finally had to kill the process in Windows.
    Use the Feeds filter or the List of Everything to access themes. webOS 1.3.1 introduced a problem that does not occur on the emulator, so it's difficult to diagnose and fix.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Monyette Smith View Post
    Since using the patch to go directly to "just charge" when plugged in to computer, I can't select it to go to USB and my computer doesn't recognize the Pre at all since I installed the new update. As a matter of fact all of the Preware updates wouldn't update and I couldn't remove them. I tried removing Preware thinking that the patches would go away with it and then i would re-install it. I tried resetting the phone totally but still nothing...someone please help me. Should I just take it to the store and tell them that it stopped responding to my computer or chalk it up as a loss because I was told that if you use the patches it voids your warranty on the phone.
    Have you tried putting the phone in USB Mode and then running webOS doctor? When you plug the phone into your computer hold the volume up while inserting the battery, if done correctly the phone displays a big USB symbol. Let me know if that works for you, usually when you take it to a sprint store they want the phone factory before they will work on it.
    So, Anyone have a suggestion for me? I did not uninstall my tweaks from preware before 1.31 installed and when I try to go in and remove them through preware it comes up with Error Removing: See IPKG Log... Just looking for a easy and/or good way to fix...
    For the tweaks/patch issues use Emergency Patch Recovery. It will uninstall all patches and then remove itself at that same moment. Worked for me thus far.
    I wondering if I should use the emergency patch and just take the patches off, and wait till they are update compatible. Is anyone else doing this or what?
    I have multiple patches/apps loaded to my Pre via Preware and WebOSQuickInstall.

Is there any clear cut way to safely update my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    For the tweaks/patch issues use Emergency Patch Recovery. It will uninstall all patches and then remove itself at that same moment. Worked for me thus far.
    Where can I find Emergency Patch Recovery???
    I wondering if I should use the emergency patch and just take the patches off, and wait till they are update compatible. Is anyone else doing this or what?
    Where can I find Emergency Patch Recovery???
    You can find the patch in preware. Located under linux applications, then tap utilities and it should be there. Install it and then restart your pre.
    hope this helps
    Since doing the update, I've noticed that the phone has become really sluggish and seems to get "stuck" often. Links on web pages don't always click through unless I greatly zoom in first. Seeiing a lot of issues. I've had to reset a few times already. It should be noted that I've never added any patches, hacks, sideloads, etc..just out of the box webOS and app catalog apps.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pre_nc View Post
    I have the same issue as SolidSnake96 - I had uninstalled all patches and the theme prior to upgrade. Upgrade went well and I reinstalled several 1.3.1 patches but themes are a nogo either from Preware (just hangs when you try to enter the Themes section)
    Preware 0.9.9 has just been released to fix this theme hanging problem. See http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2042209 for details.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Preware 0.9.9 has just been released to fix this theme hanging problem. See forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2042209 for details.

-- Rod
    Works like a charm. Thanks!
    okay, my phone updated to 1.3.1 last night while i was asleep so i didn't get to uninstall the theme and patches on my phone! i was able to uninstall the theme post-update this morning, but keep getting an ipkg error when i try to uninstall the patches in preware. i've tried getting the emergency patch recovery tool but preware does not show it anywhere! i've also tried updating preware but it still doesn't show! i'm at work and can't download webos doctor or quick install on this computer because i can't download ANYTHING at work. is there any way for me to fix this just from my phone and without my computer? because now my phone is getting frozen a lot- like when i get a phone call and try to answer it. and i'm a noob as far as most of this stuff goes so i'm really confused!

thanks in advance everyone...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    My exchange calendar is not synching. I have tried removing it and re-installing it with no results. It worked fine before the update.
    We need a sticky on the 1.3.1 upgrade so newbie's (me included) know exactly what to do.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast