Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    I have officially deleted every app, Homebrew and Official, from the phone and it still says I do not have any space to install this POS Facebook app! I am really getting sick of this crap.
    I had the same situation...tried to remove alot of apps but still got the no mem message. However I finally had success after using the mvapp utility from webosinternals:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html

Just run it once to temporarily move the largest apps to the media drive to get your var partition more than 100 MB and then install the facebook app from the app catalog. I then just restored all the app back to the var partition afterwards! Try it out!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Have you tried purging some emails? My Pre was keeping 2 weeks of mail even though it was set to 7 days. I changed it to 3 days, synced, and it removed the excess messages. That got rid of the "not enough space" error for me.
    Palm IIIx > Palm m505 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Centro > Pre- & Touchpad
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    As grateful as I am for the Homebrew section here I shouldn't have to rely on it for a tweak specially after I purged my phone of all of the apps I have installed. Now I can understand using it if I had reached the limit, but I haven't.

As for the email suggestion, I keep them "trimmed" pretty good. I at most have 10 emails in any of my boxes at a time. Also it says I have 7GB of free space as well.
    just do a backup and then dr it, update it all again, that's what I did, honestly all these updates are reminding me of win95a,b,c, to 98a,b,c lol god I feel old
    FYI....I think the app limit is there because the app catalog is technically still beta. I assume Palm will eventually lift the restrictions once the beta is over. In the meantime try the symbolic link mvapp solution. It works quite well...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    it's pretty funny... i had updated (mistakenly) w/o removing ANYTHING from my pre. had the alienware theme, all of the patches, tons of homebrew, etc. after about an hour messing w/ it... it runs great in regular mode, but in dev mode it hardly runs. i tried to webOS doctor it, but it doesn't recognize it. we'll see what happens next...