1.    #1  
    After upgrading to 1.3.1, my email now says "The server's security certificate is invalid"

I cannot access my email and don't know how to get it back. Any suggestions?

My provider says to use incoming SSL port 993 and on the outgoing to use TLS port 2025. It worked fine before the upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by asferlazzo View Post
    After upgrading to 1.3.1, my email now says "The server's security certificate is invalid"

I cannot access my email and don't know how to get it back. Any suggestions?

My provider says to use incoming SSL port 993 and on the outgoing to use TLS port 2025. It worked fine before the upgrade.
    I'm sorry i'm posting and i don't have an answer, but I'm having the exact same problem with my email (imap). I hope someone can tell us what's going on.
    I am having the same problem with an IMAP email account.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I have the same exact issue with one of three IMAP accounts... one fails and the others work fine. This is extremely annoying- you expect an OS upgrade to fix problems, not create them- especially in something as basic as email! Hopefully someone can shed light on this...
    Try removing the email account from webOS completely and adding it back in again. This is what fixed it for me.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Here, try this thread, worked great for me:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...rtificate.html

Don't freak out when you see the word "root".

update: hm, even though that's the right link, for some reason it isn't resolving for me. Here's the google search option if that link doesn't work for you:
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...9ec0e3c59ba40a

I'm still curious why we lost the security certificate in the first place. Anyways there are clear, simple instructions for restoring it manually.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I tried both of the above suggestions with no avail... still getting the "server's security certificate is invalid" error message. Has anyone tried anything else to get it to work? I'm close to fully resetting it with WebOSDoctor because this issue is driving me nuts...
    Quote Originally Posted by iMaNcOoL View Post
    I tried both of the above suggestions with no avail... still getting the "server's security certificate is invalid" error message. Has anyone tried anything else to get it to work? I'm close to fully resetting it with WebOSDoctor because this issue is driving me nuts...
    I am in the same boat. I imported the exchange certificate successfully but I'm still getting an invalid certificate error.
    Just recently I have been having a problem where the Pre goes to sync the e-mail, then it all the sudden loses all network connectivity, both PHONE and EVDO, says "Phone is offline."

When I remove my exchange account, it no longer does that. Basically, I can no longer use exchange on my pre. While it does the above, it also drains the battery VERY quickly.
    Update on this! Regarding the "server's security certificate is invalid" bug: I am pretty much certain that webOS (and not a patch, app, etc) is the problem here. I played around with two demo pres and a pixi at the local Sprint store. All 3 devices (4 now counting my pre) were running 1.3.1 and all have this problem when connecting to certain IMAP servers. The Sprint reps insisted that they had not rooted/hacked the demo devices. Doctoring my device and, thus, rolling back to 1.2.1 fixes the email problem. I was able to set up the email account on a Moment, a Hero, and have Thunderbird talking to it on my PC so I'm pretty sure I have the server info down by now.

Anyway, the workaround for now is to use webOS doctor (until the new version comes out) to install 1.2.1 on your device and ignore the 1.3.1 update.

On a personal note that you may or may not care about: I get 90% of my email at my work email. That the pre can't talk to it anymore is a deal-breaker. I have 10 days to bring it back and exchange it for Hero or something. I'm not sure I want to stick with 1.2.1 past those 10 days and assume that Palm will fix what is a problem for only a small set of their users... if those 10 days are up and there is a legit fix I think I'm going to switch to an android device.
    Last edited by eightdrunkengods; 11/17/2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: grammar!
    I have an IMAP account, and it too won't work, though I don't get any errors as to why it won't update.

Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by eightdrunkengods View Post
    Update on this! Regarding the "server's security certificate is invalid" bug: I am pretty much certain that webOS (and not a patch, app, etc) is the problem here. I played around with two demo pres and a pixi at the local Sprint store. All 3 devices (4 now counting my pre) were running 1.3.1 and all have this problem when connecting to certain IMAP servers. The Sprint reps insisted that they had not rooted/hacked the demo devices. Doctoring my device and, thus, rolling back to 1.2.1 fixes the email problem. I was able to set up the email account on a Moment, a Hero, and have Thunderbird talking to it on my PC so I'm pretty sure I have the server info down by now.

Anyway, the workaround for now is to use webOS doctor (until the new version comes out) to install 1.2.1 on your device and ignore the 1.3.1 update.

On a personal note that you may or may not care about: I get 90% of my email at my work email. That the pre can't talk to it anymore is a deal-breaker. I have 10 days to bring it back and exchange it for Hero or something. I'm not sure I want to stick with 1.2.1 past those 10 days and assume that Palm will fix what is a problem for only a small set of their users... if those 10 days are up and there is a legit fix I think I'm going to switch to an android device.
    Get out why you can, issues after issues with this thing.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Had problem with email since 1.3.1 update and adding Yahoo email. Try deleting yahoo accounts then reinstall under wifi instead of EVDO. Delete Yahoo contact account, but keep Yahoo email account.
    I have a giant gray bar (looks like a button) in the middle of every text message now. I upgraded to 1.3.1 today and then reinstalled some of the tweaks I origonally had on there and and now I have this huge "button" in the middle of every single message (sent and recieved). Can anyone HELP me, PLEASE?!?!?!?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by edtim48 View Post
    Had problem with email since 1.3.1 update and adding Yahoo email. Try deleting yahoo accounts then reinstall under wifi instead of EVDO. Delete Yahoo contact account, but keep Yahoo email account.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you: This isn't a yahoo account but a university IMAP. I've removed it and attempted to re-activate it (at the requests of Palm tech folk who are very polite). Deleting the account does not help. The only thing that solves the problem is rolling back to 1.2.1. It seems like there is some change in 1.3.1 that prevents the webOS email client from accepting certain kinds of security certificates.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

I agree with this assessment. I set up the same acccount broken on my 1.3.1 pre on a never-patched 1.2.1 pre and it worked fine. Upgraded the 1.2.1 pre to 1.3.1 and it broke with the same error message. My configuration allows me to use IMAP to pull mail from an Exchange server, so I found a workaround by forgoing IMAP and just setting up a direct Exchange account pointing to the same server that OWA sits on... and this worked fine. However, this is probably specific to my setup, so I'm not sure if this would be useful as a workaround...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pcheimets View Post
    I have an IMAP account, and it too won't work, though I don't get any errors as to why it won't update.

Peter
    I am having the same problem with 1 account. Another account on the same server works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by iMaNcOoL View Post
    I agree with this assessment. I set up the same account broken on my 1.3.1 pre on a never-patched 1.2.1 pre and it worked fine. Upgraded the 1.2.1 pre to 1.3.1 and it broke with the same error message. My configuration allows me to use IMAP to pull mail from an Exchange server, so I found a workaround by forgoing IMAP and just setting up a direct Exchange account pointing to the same server that OWA sits on... and this worked fine. However, this is probably specific to my setup, so I'm not sure if this would be useful as a workaround...
    Thanks for the reply. I'm relieved (sort of) that someone else was able to reproduce the error. Our email system isn't set up so that it can be set up (ha) as an Exchange server. It's too late anyway. I returned my pre for an android phone.