I have the following apps installed:
    M:Mafia 3432k
    TechTray 1264k
    fliq tasks 1600k
    LOLBox 1376k
    WordAce 8520k
    Pandora 2068k
    Brightness unlinked 1128k

That comes to about 20MB, and I can't install the facebook app because my app storage is full, even though I already deleted CardAce which was over 8MB, while the facebook app is 4MB.

Don't we have 256MB for app storage?
    Last edited by Roisen; 11/14/2009 at 03:33 PM.
    same here... I actually deleted like 5 apps and I'm still getting this bogus error...
    fair dinkum app limit: removes the allowed app storage and doesn't freeze you phone when dL an app in QI
    fair dinkum app limit: removes the allowed app storage and doesn't freeze you phone when dL an app, its in QI
    Quote Originally Posted by chefjabril11 View Post
    fair dinkum app limit: removes the allowed app storage and doesn't freeze you phone when dL an app in QI
    Actually, that app is now obsolete - the functionality has been subsumed into Preware's Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Do you have a lot of email and attachments? Do you have PreWare installed? Also try 'mvapp' to move off email and apps for more storage.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html

The command 'mvapp doctor' will tell you how much storage email is using.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    yeah i have nowhere near enough apps to fill the space limit, but can't install any new ones - or even download updates to current ones - because the phone incorrectly thinks i have reached the limit.

really lame.
    After so many patches and updates I'm just going to webos dr my phone and go from there...
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    yeah i'm with you. also, i'm an ***** and forgot to turn off dev mode before updating...that can't help.

but yeah i guess i'll doctor it and just download the update again.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    i removed almost all my apps and still no room
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm sick of this. I cant install the new facebook app because my pre thinks the memory is full when it clearly is not. I can't even install preware to try the fix that they have. Can anyone help me figure a way to clear up space?
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    we're going off about this over at this thread:

App storage is full with only 7 apps

I'm going to webosdoctor it, redownload the 1.3.1 update, and hope the issue is gone. if that doesn't make things better, i'm going to curse a lot. and wait for Palm to un-fck this one up.
    Installing Package Manager Service and Preware via WebOS Quick Install should bypass the memory limits.

Its possible your your email could be causing your memory problems. The device doesn't really delete emails and attachments it seems or at least not gracefully as I came to notice.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    this is complete bs i should not have to wipe my phone clean. that takes all my contacts out and i am not about to try and save them and put them all back in again..
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    my contacts are all with google, so i'm safe there. i've just been patching and unpatching and homebrewing so much that i think a doctoring is overdue anyway.

might not even fix this crap with the erroneous app limit notifications, but it will hopefully speed up my pre.
    A quick reboot fixed this problem for me.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    We are having the same problem with my wife and I's pre's.

I have alraedy updated the package manager service and preware and that hasn't helped.

The attachments in e-mail are an interesting theory, but unfortunately I can't delete most of the e-mails as I need them for work.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved quickly as it's annoying not to be able to change any applications.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    how do I fully delete them then? I'll try that.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevieq View Post
    We are having the same problem with my wife and I's pre's.

I have alraedy updated the package manager service and preware and that hasn't helped.

The attachments in e-mail are an interesting theory, but unfortunately I can't delete most of the e-mails as I need them for work.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved quickly as it's annoying not to be able to change any applications.
    I understand, might I suggest looking into this http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html

If you really like to install more apps on your Pre. It's what helped me realize the problems with my email folders.
    @mike -Did you use patches and tweaks?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast