Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This worked like a charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Does anyone know where on the pre you can see how much memory it says you are using for the apps? Or what apps you have even downloaded?
    mvapp can give you this info. But something actually in WebOS, nope.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I used mvapp to move my email and everything was fine for a couple of hours now none of my email is visible and preferences shows i have no accounts. So i unlinked email with mvapp but that didn't fix it. When I rum mvapp doctor it shows all my email back in the var directory but mail app doesn't pick it up. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    mvapp can give you this info. But something actually in WebOS, nope.
    what's mvapp & where can I get it please? Thank you
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    No one has reprted this. Try rebooting.

any patches installed related to email?
    Information on mvapp is available here. It was posted a few posts up.

It is an application that moves other apps, but keeps the user experience the same. It will tell you when it is not safe to move an app and won't break anything. Just follow the instructions and you'll be all set. Once you've cleared off enough space using mvapp, you'll be able to download more apps from the catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by justinspirational View Post
    what's mvapp & where can I get it please? Thank you
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I have deleted all but 3 apps that I have downloaded and I still get this error. I understand that we can fix the problem when we tweak the phone, but why should we have to do that and then revert back when there are future updates? Palm really needs this fixed NOW. I can't even update one of the 3 apps.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I moved apps with terminal and it worked. I hope it doesn't get screwed up with another update.
    <merged>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    woot.
    mvapp is a life saver.
    Those email attachments need to be addressed by Palm though. Nasty leaving those around after the email is gone.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jandar View Post
    woot.
    mvapp is a life saver.
    Those email attachments need to be addressed by Palm though. Nasty leaving those around after the email is gone.
    In 1.3.1 you can now empty the trash folder on your email accounts. Does this also delete the attachments now?
    after i updated to webOS 1.3.1 now i can't get any apps from the app catalog. I've deleted practically everything off my pre and still get the same error. can i go back to the previous update? is there a way around this that doesn't involve "tweaking" my pre,not real comfortable with that. anybody have any ideas or help?????
    Ok, I have used mvapp to move my mail and attachements to the media drive. mvapp doctor now shows that I am using only 53MB of the /var (195MB free), however I still get the error when I try and install the Facebook application. What the heck? I g
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Try removing email. Or if up for starting over on email, delete any email accts and add back.
    I had the same problem. I deleted 15 apps, and it still wouldnt let me download one app. Had to delete everything before it would let me purchase it.
    There was an entire thread dedicated to this, you might try searching to find the root cause they decided on, but a partial erase was what people generally said was the solution, or a Dr.

If you updated with the Fair App limit installed that might've contributed, or if you didn't remove all of your patches when you updated.

I don't think anyone with stock complained about this issue.
    <merged>

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I agree with 360jeff, i really don't want to have to "tweak" my phone then worry about "untweaking" with the next update. can I just go back to the previous update? I'm not comfortable with "mvapp" and preware and /var, etc. Is that really my only option?
    Quote Originally Posted by mted558 View Post
    I agree with 360jeff, i really don't want to have to "tweak" my phone then worry about "untweaking" with the next update. can I just go back to the previous update? I'm not comfortable with "mvapp" and preware and /var, etc. Is that really my only option?
    MvApp is the simplest solution available to you for installing apps past the Palm App Limit. Preware is the simplest way to install Patches. Both are well designed and tested, and have many thousands of happy users, but you still use them at your own risk.

You either choose to take advantage of those things, or not. If not, then you will need to wait for Palm.

You can always use the webOS Doctor to reflash to any previous version for which you have saved the webOS Doctor file for that version.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    <moved>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast