Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am having this problem too I deleted EVERY app... still have problems
    Just realized that I didnt turn off developer mode either do you think that is it? Wonder if anyone has turned it off and is still noticing the app memory error.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by godsidekurt View Post
    Just realized that I didnt turn off developer mode either do you think that is it? Wonder if anyone has turned it off and is still noticing the app memory error.
    i shut off dev mode and tried again - still get the error.
    Does anyone know where on the pre you can see how much memory it says you are using for the apps? Or what apps you have even downloaded?
    Does WebOS doc even work with 1.3?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, that app is now obsolete - the functionality has been subsumed into Preware's Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    Nice...so when I remove all my tweaks, and update, I don't re-download FairDirkum...I just have to upgrade my Preware & Package Installer? Thanks.
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    you have to re-download updates since 1.2. i may have to download 1.2.1 and install, then download 1.3.1 and install before i'm caught up again. of course, one can wait for webosdoctor v1.3.1 to avoid all that.
    I dont understand what you are saying I have to do...can I run the doc or not? Seems like others have
    As of noon EST today (11/14), no - WebOSDoctor took me to 1.2.1, then I upgraded.
    I am having the same issue. I can't even reinstall all the apps that I removed.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Does anyone know where on the pre you can see how much memory it says you are using for the apps? Or what apps you have even downloaded?
    I second this.

I'm having the same issue with the app limit. I have preware installed but I removed all the 'tweaks' before updating.
    I would suggest trying to install mvapp and run "mvapp doctor", it'll tell you what's eating up your space
    Thanks for the mv app doctor advise but how do I run it? I have downloaded mv app but I do not know where to go from here.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    naw i had the led tweak thats it.
    Does that mvapp method work on 1.3.1? I have it on my phone, but havent upgraded yet. Waiting until monday, hoping glitches are worked out, etc.

Also, do I need to put the apps back to the var(?) folder before upgrading??
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    I dont understand what you are saying I have to do...can I run the doc or not? Seems like others have
    answer: yes, run the doc.

i ran the doc, and i am updated to 1.3.1 and the app limit stuff seems back to normal. limit is still there, but the false "no more space" type warnings have ceased, even after i reinstalled all my apps.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Do you have a lot of email and attachments? Do you have PreWare installed? Also try 'mvapp' to move off email and apps for more storage.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...nk-method.html

The command 'mvapp doctor' will tell you how much storage email is using.
    This did the trick for me. I have a couple email accounts with thousands of emails and 200+ apps on my Pre. I couldn't install anything from the App Catalog. I followed these instructions and now I can install anything I want.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    same here
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Actually, that app is now obsolete - the functionality has been subsumed into Preware's Package Manager Service.

-- Rod
    +1

never an app limit issue...

i don't think i'd use this phone if i didn't have the ability to add all these patches/tweaks...

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I was having the same problem.
    After running mvapp I am now able to install apps from the Palm catalog without the error.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast