Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. GoNinjaGo's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
       #1  
    It is awesome that we are able to change the alert sounds of incoming text/IM sounds. However this seems to be working improperly. My custom sound (ringtone) kicks in every time I receive a new text, or if I am multitasking and using another app. But if I stay in the Messaging app the old default sound comes up with every new text. That's a little frustrating. And by a little I mean very.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNinjaGo View Post
    It is awesome that we are able to change the alert sounds of incoming text/IM sounds. However this seems to be working improperly. My custom sound (ringtone) kicks in every time I receive a new text, or if I am multitasking and using another app. But if I stay in the Messaging app the old default sound comes up with every new text. That's a little frustrating. And by a little I mean very.
    confirm. indeed a bug.
  3. #3  
    same
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. gandolph1's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    confirm. indeed a bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoNinjaGo View Post
    It is awesome that we are able to change the alert sounds of incoming text/IM sounds. However this seems to be working improperly. My custom sound (ringtone) kicks in every time I receive a new text, or if I am multitasking and using another app. But if I stay in the Messaging app the old default sound comes up with every new text. That's a little frustrating. And by a little I mean very.
    Definitely doing this. Needs a little more attention Palm...
  5. MaxLOL's Avatar
    Posts
    607 Posts
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    #5  
    agree. I removed all patches/tweaks but my old notification sound is now intermittently coming in (mario 1up).
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    agree. I removed all patches/tweaks but my old notification sound is now intermittently coming in (mario 1up).

    mario1up FTW i use that as well... But yeah same for me its a bugggggg
    SCK Manager
  7. #7  
    bug? ... At least yours works sometimes! I reverted to 1.1 and updated from there fresh to 1.3 and I don't even have the option to change my messaging sound lol
  8. #8  
    Yeah- I am curious where the messaging sound option is? I see the ringtone now in the contacts "Edit" area, but I don't see any "Alert/Notification" area to change... am i missing something? -Grand
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmastem View Post
    Yeah- I am curious where the messaging sound option is? I see the ringtone now in the contacts "Edit" area, but I don't see any "Alert/Notification" area to change... am i missing something? -Grand
    Yep. It's in the messaging/sms app under preferences and accounts.
  10. GoNinjaGo's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
       #10  
    I just noticed something. Maybe this is not a bug after all. If you go into your Messaging preferences, you can clearly see that the ability to give texts a custom ringtone sound is available under "NEW MESSAGE." Therefore that would imply that your Mario 1up or any custom sound you give it is only supposed to play on the first text received. That would explain why my custom sound only kicks in when someone texts me first, or while I have the Messaging app open and using another program. Again, frustrating.
  11. #11  
    Now that I look at it, I think you are right, it may well be intentional. Never really paid attention to the fact it was grouped under 'new message' along with show notifications, which only show when you get a message from a different person than the one in the current conversation. I would prefer to have the custom sound always play though.
  12. #12  
    I would also love to have the custom sound play *all* the time, and not just when I'm in another program. It only plays the custom ringtone when you're not actively talking to the person that you get the text from, which is really frustrating.

    Hopefully it gets fixed soon :/

    Edit: Also, you guys just inspired me to go find the Mario 1-Up sound
  13. #13  
    do you guys have My Notification installed?

    be sure to set it back to default settings in My Notification
  14. cjrlauve's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #14  
    Glad I found this post. I have been frustrated that I changed the setting but couldn't get it to respond with the new sound no matter how I sent test messages to it. After reading this I realized that it did activate when I had the messaging application closed. At least that is a bit better than not working at all. Thanks.

Posting Permissions