Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Like the title says, I didnt uninstall patches before the 1.3.1 update. Now I'm not able to uninstall my patches in preware, I keep getting errors. The patches don't work either, as you can imagine. As of right now my only option is to Doctor it, which I really don't want to do. Any other options?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    If you didn't have a theme installed, you probably can still run Emegency Patch Recovery (Preware). If you had a theme or patches not installed using Preware, run WebOS Repair Utility with Options set to compatibility override. This will remove all broken themes and patches, but take 30 to 60 minutes.
    we can i get the webos info i had a theme installed and forgot to get rid of it also just want to get rid of the files so i can install themes again also the reason for this Currently only compatible with WebOS v1.2.1. Running on a different version will undoubtedly cause serious damage
    Last edited by mobgod; 11/14/2009 at 12:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I tried running WebOS Repair before the update, and it just kept giving me errors, and I couldn't find the Emergency Patch Recovery on Preware, so I just updated and hoped for the best.
    Just webos doctor it, it works. i doctor mine before every update anyway.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 11/14/2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: edited for unnessary roughness in response
    I uninstalled my patches before updating and I also got those errors. I uninstalled using the webos quick install tool. I just went to the device management tool and changed the tap from applications to patches. Even with all the errors it told me it uninstalled everything anyway. You'll see the patches get removed until its all gone.
    what will i lose by using webos doctor that is what i want to no because like i said phone works fine just cant install themes now until i get rid of the old one thats all i need to do
    Quote Originally Posted by mobgod View Post
    what will i lose by using webos doctor that is what i want to no because like i said phone works fine just cant install themes now until i get rid of the old one thats all i need to do
    You will lose all of your data using the webOS DOctor.

Instead use the webOS Restore. More info on installing, uninstalling, and using patches here:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1944821

- Craig
    ok but what file would i look for it's a theme webos repair is for 1.2 so i have 1.3 now so its going to want every file restored help
    Global Posts
    279 Global Posts
    Somebody already posted about using the Emergency Patch Recovery tool found in Preware.

I forgot to remove my patches and was having a nasty time until I used it. I lost no data and things are back to normal.
    i am unable to find the emergency patch tool in preware. i also forgot to uninstall keyboard before updating. any thoughts please?

nevermind rod helped me out tremendously
    Last edited by jrlintz; 11/18/2009 at 01:10 AM. Reason: rod's the man