1.    #1  
    Hi!

Photos are not sorted by file date which is very annoying to me. Can someone please explain by what criteria the photos are sorted?

Thanks in advance
    By filename.

The file name is determined in the order they were taken. If you rename a photo on your PC, it will change the location in your album.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I tried renaming my photos to re-sort them and it didn't work. I used the USB connection with my computer to go in an rename the pictures. Even made sure they were sorted by name before I disconnected.

Any other suggestions?

They are not in order by date taken.

Also, I added some photos via USB to the photos folder that weren't taken on the Pre.
    Yah I can confirm they are not sorted by filename, or date taken, or date copied to the folder, or any other order that would make sense. No idea how to fix that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by tarirene View Post
    Yah I can confirm they are not sorted by filename, or date taken, or date copied to the folder, or any other order that would make sense. No idea how to fix that though.

+1
    I've never tried renaming them inside the default folder where camera photos are stored... However, I created a folder named "Pictures" in the root of the USB drive and photos inside are sorted by filename in the Photos app, for me.
    For me, the pictures are sorted in order of file name. Unless I have multiple image formats in one folder, then it seems pretty random. Once I converted all the images to the same format they were sorted in order by name.
    Thread resurrection here. I am a bit stumped by this as well. I've uploaded 146 photos all sequentially numbered 001.jpg to 146.jpg. The Photo App has them in a totally random order, which is very frustrating....
    Ok, slight update to this issue. It seems that webOS looks at the EXIF data of the photo, and sorts based on that. I cleared all the EXIF data on the photos, and now it is sorting by filename.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    So what is EXIF data and how does one clear it?

Thanks

Sue