Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    well, i think something got hosed....

ran the update and as soon as the install was complete (that meter that runs where it says 'do not remove the battery')....the phone went off...

i've tried plugging it in several times, slid it open, held the power button....

nothing...

any ideas? yank the battery? *bleh*
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    well....i removed the battery, waited a couple of mins and put it back in...

*hooray* update v1.3.1 just killed my phone??

bleh
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.... anyone else have issues with the update??
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    did you remember to uninstall all patches? i dont bother myself, i just revert back to 1.1 then update from there so that there is nothing to mess with, palm profile takes care of the important stuff

*try recovery mode
    my god, my palm profile lost all my info.............. ***! and i just said that the palm profile takes care of everything!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toyotast165 View Post
    my god, my palm profile lost all my info.............. ***! and i just said that the palm profile takes care of everything!
    Before you do anything, take a look at http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-contacts.html
    yeah tried that, they are calling me in a few hrs, not happy, i have everything backed up but the simple fact is its suppose to back up all the pim and it lost it. the mrs is gunna be ****ed i lost the grocery list lol oh darn!
    lol! I hate backups >< I hope if I doctor my phone the palm profile works good!
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    well, got it working again this morning....

i pulled the battery out and plugged in the phone...it went on with that huge battery icon on the screen...i then plugged in the phone....it restarted and it's working now...

very very weird...

ps yes, from Preware, removed my theme and did the EPR from there as well first, so it was all properly set up to upgrade.
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    sorry, meant i then popped in the battery while it was plugged in...and it came back on...

(ps why can't i edit any of my posts...keeps telling me to log in, when i already am????)
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    sorry, meant i then popped in the battery while it was plugged in...and it came back on...

(ps why can't i edit any of my posts...keeps telling me to log in, when i already am????)
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    mine is totally messed up!
    <post edited by berd - Language>
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 11/15/2009 at 12:01 PM.