Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'm having a serious issue with my Pre. Here's the situation.

I'm on a call (Call 1). Another caller calls me and I switch to it (Call 2). I tell caller 2 that I can't talk right now and I switch back to (Call 1).

At this point I'm not able to hang up Call 2. Even if the caller on the other ends hangs up, the Pre still shows me connected to Call 2. And there are no buttons to hang up that particular call. I can only Hang Up All Calls.

How do I hang up just one of the calls?
    Quote Originally Posted by globex View Post
    I'm having a serious issue with my Pre. Here's the situation.

I'm on a call (Call 1). Another caller calls me and I switch to it (Call 2). I tell caller 2 that I can't talk right now and I switch back to (Call 1).

At this point I'm not able to hang up Call 2. Even if the caller on the other ends hangs up, the Pre still shows me connected to Call 2. And there are no buttons to hang up that particular call. I can only Hang Up All Calls.

How do I hang up just one of the calls?
    Well it's not the Pre you should be mad at.. All Sprint and Nextel phones have this issue.. I'm guessing its their system..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I'll on the Canadian Bell. And how is it not a WebOS issue? They just need to add a "Hang up call" button.
    Last edited by globex; 02/03/2010 at 12:40 PM.
    bell mobility uses CDMA. CDMA doesn't let you hang up calls individually.

if the second call is incoming, you can swap but not conference.

if the second call is outgoing, you can conference but not swap.

note that if you hang up both calls, sometimes the network will send a fake incoming call, and connect you to back to the other call.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    That's absurd! So if I get a second call that's international and I tell them to hang up, and I switch back to the first call again, it'll keep changing me international rates for the second call until I hang up both calls? BS.
    wow, noticed this when I had my Pre, funny how I never noticed it on other phones before that one but must admit I dont get alot of incoming calls(side effect of uber-tech-nerd status), learn something new every day, surprised i've never seen it mentioned when customers bring in phones for repair.
    Is there not a solution for this? What happens if a 3rd person tries to call after I've hung up with one of the first 2?
    Every CDMA phone I have ever had behaves the same way. Its just a limitation of the system.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    excellent thread, and one i'd been meaning to ask about also!

i've wondered about the incurring costs / minutes that the carrier could be racking up from us by doing this.

i too, hate it!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    cdma companies likely won't invest the $ to hurry fixes for this problem until they lose enough customers to ATT & Tmob.
    In the last quarter reported, ATT gained 2 million new customers while Sprint lost more than 700,000. I don't know alltel & vzw Q gains/losses but it must not be enough to make them care.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    In my experience with this same problem on my Treo, the call disconnects when the other person hangs up.

So, if are on a call, get an incoming call, swap to the incoming call, tell that person you can't talk, and swap back to the first call ... as long as the person that you are not talking to hangs up, you shouldn't continue to incur charges.

This is what I was told with my Treo, so this is how I treat the calls. If someone else know differently, please chime in.
    Nicky
    The difference bewteen the how the Pre and CDMA dumb-phones handle call-waiting is what they show on the phone screen. As the previous poster stated, when they hang up, that call ends, and minutes aren't racking up. The thing I have never tried is calling my phone after that to see if your call-waiting is toast until you hang up.

Edit: Theory tested. No worries. Call-waiting still works perfectly fine even though the Pre makes it appear you still have both calls connected. I was able to hang up my other phone and call back to my pre several times after swapping back to the first call on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by maddball View Post
    Well it's not the Pre you should be mad at.. All Sprint and Nextel phones have this issue.. I'm guessing its their system..
    Sorry man maybe you just get bad phones but it is not all spirint and nextel phones. Well i have never had a issue with any sprint/nextel phone till this phone
    anyway it is not that big of a deal to me but yet it is abit irritating if some one else calls and they can't get threw
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    I read somewhere that if someone is on hold and you click end call, the person you were speaking with is disconnected, then your phone rings from the person who was on hold automatically. They don't have to do anything and are none the wiser to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
    Sorry man maybe you just get bad phones but it is not all spirint and nextel phones. Well i have never had a issue with any sprint/nextel phone till this phone
    anyway it is not that big of a deal to me but yet it is abit irritating if some one else calls and they can't get threw
    But they CAN get through, because as long as one of the callers hangs up, it frees up the line for call-waiting again. Check the post right above yours -- I tested it.
    Hanging up doesn't work either. I tested a couple of days ago and had to re-call the first person I called. Hhuumm. Wonder if there's a difference from you calling the first person or if they call you that determines if the hang-up/call-back method works? Will test when I get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by dray_jr View Post
    My phones have been fine, its sprint..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Quote Originally Posted by nsanders View Post
    In my experience with this same problem on my Treo, the call disconnects when the other person hangs up.

So, if are on a call, get an incoming call, swap to the incoming call, tell that person you can't talk, and swap back to the first call ... as long as the person that you are not talking to hangs up, you shouldn't continue to incur charges.

This is what I was told with my Treo, so this is how I treat the calls. If someone else know differently, please chime in.
    This is correct, I have Verizon and this use to happen on my Treo, once the caller hangs up the call is over. You are not still charge for the the other call, it is considered terminated.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimOhara View Post
    You are not still charge for the the other call, it is considered terminated.
    Well at least that's good to know. Thanks.