Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    The steady updates of WebOS, a new form factor just days away (pixi) and the app store growing by leaps and bounds all bodes well for Palm.

Palm is not a 1 or 2 trick pony, nor are they dependent on another company to release updates to their operating system. In a nutshell they hold all the cards hardware and OS.

It's easy to believe the latest release of a competing handset is bad news for Palm but after all the buzz has died down, even the pundits agree, nothing can compare to the UI of webOS.

Palm is just getting started!!!
    Now if they can get their marketing straight and do away with the failed creepy girl, they'd be on a roll. Palm needs to fire whomever they have as a marketing company.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Go Palm! We're rooting for you.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Just to reinforce what I already knew, Merrill Lynch released a report and is confidant that Palm is on the right track and executing as planned.

Among the points highlighted:

Palm is well funded with over a half billion in cash.
    Will soon be expanding to other carriers.

and here's the one I feel is important

Unique among the smartphone market.

They also raised the stock price target to $20 (the stock was up 9% today)

Go Palm!
    Wait, how can this be with all the other posts about how it's already headed to demise, etc?

Personally, as a Palm user since day one, as well as a Pre user since day one, I am very pleased with this phone. Not because I like the platform, but because of what this web site has added to the phone. Without the things the folks here have added, I would be VERY disappointed in this phone.

Having said that, and with no formal training or experience in analyzing markets, etc, I too think Palm is on the right track. This phone, and WebOS is on its way to greatness!
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Funny how even the haters agree the the UI is second to none!

I agree that the homebrew community fills a niche for palm, and satisfies the "hands on, advanced user" (tech geek)

I'm not sure about android but do they have anything as robust at the homebrew community? I confidant even if they do they are not as "passionate" as the Palm community.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Funny how even the haters agree the the UI is second to none!

I agree that the homebrew community fills a niche for palm, and satisfies the "hands on, advanced user" (tech geek)

I'm not sure about android but do they have anything as robust at the homebrew community? I confidant even if they do they are not as "passionate" as the Palm community.
    Well, as a matter of fact, Android fans do have something similar to the homebrew community. Whether it's as "passionate" as the Pre community is a matter of opinion -- it's not as clear-cut as you'd think. HSAT, the precentral community is definitely an asset to Palm. Even though I've moved on to Android, I still enjoy keeping up with what is going on here.