Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had numerous tweaks on my pre and uninstalled them all for the 1.2.1 update but then one night when I was charging it, it must have "updated" to 1.2.1 AGAIN by itself because all my tweaks are gone and I can't remove them or reinstall them with quick install.

So, I'm trying to do a hard reset with WebOSDoctor. I plug my phone in, open WebOSDoctor and it gets to 6% and then it says "the phone has been disconnected," which of course it is not. The phone just has the white "palm" letters in the center with the black background. I've tried this a couple times now and it does the same thing every time.

What am I doing wrong?
    Did you try a different USB port or try downloading WebDR again? Might have a problem with one of those two. Also, if you have a different PC, try that as well.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Yea, my phone is doing the same thing. I removed all patches and tried webos doctor to do master reset and every time I try it, webos will initiate and start application. About a minute into the operation it states my phone is disconnected. I have tried to re-install webos doctor and switch USB ports without success. Is the phone supposed to be in dev mode when using webos doctor? Same problem here too.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousflame View Post
    I had numerous tweaks on my pre and uninstalled them all for the 1.2.1 update but then one night when I was charging it, it must have "updated" to 1.2.1 AGAIN by itself because all my tweaks are gone and I can't remove them or reinstall them with quick install.

So, I'm trying to do a hard reset with WebOSDoctor. I plug my phone in, open WebOSDoctor and it gets to 6% and then it says "the phone has been disconnected," which of course it is not. The phone just has the white "palm" letters in the center with the black background. I've tried this a couple times now and it does the same thing every time.

What am I doing wrong?
    HELP! So, I didn;t realize that I had to uninstall all of my patches before doing an update (to WebOS 1.2.1) - and now I can't even uninstall much less re-install the patches so... WHAT DO I DO?!

Thanks in advance...
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leescharf View Post
    HELP! So, I didn;t realize that I had to uninstall all of my patches before doing an update (to WebOS 1.2.1) - and now I can't even uninstall much less re-install the patches so... WHAT DO I DO?!

Thanks in advance...
    Run http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ml#post1913582 with compatibility override enabled. You will have to reinstall all patches and themes, but it will fix this problem.
    I know this will erase all apps and photos but does it also erase all contacts?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ls1mtz View Post
    I know this will erase all apps and photos but does it also erase all contacts?
    webOS Doctor will erase everything. It will return your Pre to factory settings. When you sign on, you can reload your Palm Profile and other cloud resources (like Google) will synch your other info. If your contacts are in the Palm Profile, cross your fingers that they reload. (Occasionally, according to complaints made in these forums, they don't.)
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    webOS Doctor will erase everything. It will return your Pre to factory settings. When you sign on, you can reload your Palm Profile and other cloud resources (like Google) will synch your other info. If your contacts are in the Palm Profile, cross your fingers that they reload. (Occasionally, according to complaints made in these forums, they don't.)
    my contacts still have not reloaded from the palm server. I'm waiting on a call from a level 3 palm "engineer" to try & get them back. Back up your contacts somewhere else just in case!
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I had a few issues using the WebOS Doctor recently. I was able to get it to work by doing the following:

1. Turn phone off.
    2. Plug USB cable into the phone then your PC.
    3. Hold the up volume key until you get the USB symbol on the phone.
    4. Start Doctor.

Not sure if this will work but might be worth a try.
    I have tried to webos repair, it also didn't work for me. I reset phone using the reset on phone however, my icon's are still blue from the original blue theme. I would like to use webdoctor to wipe phone completely clean but it will not work. It will start, I can see the usb sign on the screen and then it times out everytime. Love my pre but this is killing me softly.
  11.    #11  
    I ended up just skipping webosdoctor all together and did the "erase all" option from Device info > reset options > full erase, and that seemed to have gotten rid of all my 3rd party apps, but now I can't seem to get quick install to work so I don't know if all my tweaks have been reset.

Anyone know why I might be able to access the USB drive capability of my phone yet have quick install say it's not connected? (the phone is not in USB mode when I'm trying to access quick install, but it is indeed plugged in.)
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMuzik View Post
    I have tried to webos repair, it also didn't work for me. I reset phone using the reset on phone however, my icon's are still blue from the original blue theme. I would like to use webdoctor to wipe phone completely clean but it will not work. It will start, I can see the usb sign on the screen and then it times out everytime. Love my pre but this is killing me softly.
    Can you explain how WebOS Repair Utility did not work for you?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Anyone know why I might be able to access the USB drive capability of my phone yet have quick install say it's not connected? (the phone is not in USB mode when I'm trying to access quick install, but it is indeed plugged in.)
    Maybe I'm a little fuzzy today, but I can't for the life of me understand what you wrote. I've read it a couple of times and I'm just not comprehending. Can you restate it?
  14.    #14  
    Maybe I'm a little fuzzy today, but I can't for the life of me understand what you wrote. I've read it a couple of times and I'm just not comprehending. Can you restate it?
    Quick install isn't working for me. I have the phone connected via USB, but quick install doesn't see the connection and thinks the phone is not connected. I thought maybe my computer wasn't recognizing the USB connection, so I tried to access the USB drive of the phone and that worked just fine. I disconnected it and reconnected it again and selected "just charge" but quick install still thinks it's unplugged.

Not sure how else to explain it...
    Quick install connects to the dev mode backend (a pre in dev mode shows up as a multi mode USB device; mass storage + novacom; out of dev mode it's just mass storage), maybe when you did your erase the phone flipped out of dev mode...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Can you explain how WebOS Repair Utility did not work for you?

The WebOS repair utility went through all the steps necessary. I went to options and changed mode as requested. The whole process took about 35-40mins however, it did not remove all patches nor my theme. I tried webOS doctor and it kept telling me my phone was disconnected after 1 minute. Did master reset from phone which appears to have erased some things but a few patches still remain active including blue icons from the original blue theme. Am I supposed to take the phone out of dev mode to use OS doctor??? My phone is constantly roaming without any sprint service and I want to take the phone back but cant with patches still in phone.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMuzik View Post
    The WebOS repair utility went through all the steps necessary. I went to options and changed mode as requested. The whole process took about 35-40mins however, it did not remove all patches nor my theme. I tried webOS doctor and it kept telling me my phone was disconnected after 1 minute. Did master reset from phone which appears to have erased some things but a few patches still remain active including blue icons from the original blue theme. Am I supposed to take the phone out of dev mode to use OS doctor??? My phone is constantly roaming without any sprint service and I want to take the phone back but cant with patches still in phone.
    As for WebOS Repair Utility, I'm surprised by your results. The first thing it does is remove patches. You should take a look at the log and see what it removed/restored. Not sure what's going on with your run of webOS Doctor. You might look here: Palm - FAQs about the webOS Doctor
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can you mess up your pre if you run webos doctor to many times?
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I can't imagine how; all it does is return it to its original state. If your contacts are backed up to the Palm Profile, however, you could be tempting fate. Every once in a while, the Palm Profile loses contacts. If you back up to another cloud backup provider, I see less risk.
    Last edited by cas_esq; 11/12/2009 at 04:44 PM.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Quick install connects to the dev mode backend (a pre in dev mode shows up as a multi mode USB device; mass storage + novacom; out of dev mode it's just mass storage), maybe when you did your erase the phone flipped out of dev mode...
    You're right, the reset did turn off dev mode, but even after turning it back on I get the same results. I'm not sure what else to try.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast