Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousflame View Post
    You're right, the reset did turn off dev mode, but even after turning it back on I get the same results. I'm not sure what else to try.
    Your problem could be Novacom related. You need to ensure that it's running. Even if it is running, it might be worth reinstalling it. If you can't install it with the link, you may have to install it manually. I just left my desktop, and it's too cumbersome to find and post links on my phone. Search for Novacom reinstallation (or like terms). There are posts on this. There's a link to manual install instructions in the first post of the WebOS Quick Install thread. Good luck.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by cas_esq View Post
    Your problem could be Novacom related. You need to ensure that it's running. Even if it is running, it might be worth reinstalling it. If you can't install it with the link, you may have to install it manually. I just left my desktop, and it's too cumbersome to find and post links on my phone. Search for Novacom reinstallation (or like terms). There are posts on this. There's a link to manual install instructions in the first post of the WebOS Quick Install thread. Good luck.
    Found this thread: hxxp://forums.precentral.net/general-webos-chat/213573-connect-device-click-ok.html (wouldn't let me use links, change x's to t's)

After uninstalling novacom and then reinstalling it, everything is back to working like it should!

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    You're very welcome.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnugy View Post
    my contacts still have not reloaded from the palm server. I'm waiting on a call from a level 3 palm "engineer" to try & get them back. Back up your contacts somewhere else just in case!

yeah...i'm goin' thru the same thing. how long have u been waiting?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    So... Long story short I was running WebOS Doctor and about halfway through my laptop rebooted for a still unknown reason... anyway now my Pre is doomed and WebOS Doctor won't re-run. Any way to fix this?

All my Pre does is continously try and turn on the palm logo comes up and sits there for a while then it matrixes out in white, red, or green shuts off and tries again...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    so my problem is fixed... it turns out my error was in only pressing the volume button to get WebOS doctor to recognize the Pre instead of the obvious solution of holding the volume button down for the entire WebOS doctor process including install... silly me... seriously... I mean seriously? like 15 mins of holding the volume button...
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousflame View Post
    I had numerous tweaks on my pre and uninstalled them all for the 1.2.1 update but then one night when I was charging it, it must have "updated" to 1.2.1 AGAIN by itself because all my tweaks are gone and I can't remove them or reinstall them with quick install.

So, I'm trying to do a hard reset with WebOSDoctor. I plug my phone in, open WebOSDoctor and it gets to 6% and then it says "the phone has been disconnected," which of course it is not. The phone just has the white "palm" letters in the center with the black background. I've tried this a couple times now and it does the same thing every time.

What am I doing wrong?
    You need to get the phone into usb mode in order for webosDr to work. To do this:
    1 - take the battery out of the phone
    2 - wait a minute or two
    3 - put the battery back in the phone, but do not power it on
    4 - while pressing the volume up button, connect the phone to a charger. You will see the front screen display a large USB mode picture
    5 - disconnect from the charger and start the webosDr. program. now it will recognize your phone and be able to re-install webos for you.

Hope this helps
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12