1.    #1  
    Today something strange happend with my Calendar...

Several of my "All Day" events (such as birthdays, etc) mysteriously changed to timed events lasting literally all day (from 0:00 to 23:59), causing the entire day to be blocked out in red on the daily or weekly view.

I'm having to go in one by one and edit each one, checking the "All day event" box again, which is a pain to say the least.

Any ideas on what could have caused this?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Is your time being displayed correctly? The Sprint network towers had issues earlier today and some of us experienced clock / alarm issues. My Pre went to MST (Denver time) instead of staying at CST (Texas time). I had to manually set my time but while this was happening, my alarm clock app was getting very buggy. It stopped after I manually set my time.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Is your time being displayed correctly? The Sprint network towers had issues earlier today and some of us experienced clock / alarm issues..
    It's giving me the correct time currently - don't know if it has the entire day.

I know these calendar events were in there correctly as recently as yesterday, as they were not visible when I scrolled several months ahead in the "Month" view.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    This happens to me as well. It happens almost exclusively with my birthday calendar. I have no idea why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    This happens to me as well. It happens almost exclusively with my birthday calendar. I have no idea why.
    Same here. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Misery loves company.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Mine did it too. It's all my birthdays.
    This happened to a few of my events (although not all), but I noticed it a day or so after the DST change. Perhaps a problem with the Pre's calendar interpreting the time change?
  8. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I've run into this a few times (all day -> timed). My Pre calendar was off but GCal was still correct. The thought of manually updating all my messed up entries was NOT appealing at all. I found a solution that worked though.

Basically, you need to turn off your Palm Profile backup and delete it, remove gCal account from your Pre, re-add gCal to your Pre, and finally re-enable the backups.

kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/19887_en.html

It's not a fix at all, but at least I was able to get me Pre calendar back in sync with GCal.
    Last edited by Vij; 11/12/2009 at 09:37 PM. Reason: Added link
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    I've run into this a few times (all day -> timed). My Pre calendar was off but GCal was still correct. The thought of manually updating all my messed up entries was NOT appealing at all. I found a solution that worked though.

Basically, you need to turn off your Palm Profile backup and delete it, remove gCal account from your Pre, re-add gCal to your Pre, and finally re-enable the backups.

kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/common/article/19887_en.html

It's not a fix at all, but at least I was able to get me Pre calendar back in sync with GCal.
    Well I already manually updated all of mine.

But if it happens again it's good to know there's a workaround.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

10. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Hmm this is interesting... after moving up to 1.3.1, my Pre calendar now matches GCal again! In other words, the 12:00-11:59 times events on my Pre are now back to all day events.