1.    #1  
    This has been driving me insane for the last 4 hours and I've finally just about given up.

Let me preface this with the fact that I have never had a single problem with anything I have downloaded and/or installed from this site, couldn't ask for better breakdowns on how to keep everything running smoothly.

That said, I have been using the webOS QI for about a month now, for themes and a few tweaks, also installed the "mytether" app amongst other things. Everytime I plug in the phone and select "just charge" and it has worked like a charm.

Tonite I go to install 2 apps, filecoaster and my notifications.

The QI absolutely will not acknowledge that my device is plugged in, whenever I run QI it asks me to "connect the device and click OK", even though the device is already connected. After I click OK it reverts to essentially the same window, after clicking OK again it begins to "search" for the device which entails a loading window that never moves and will not close without the aid of windows task manager.

I have installed the latest version of java, devmode is turned on, and I have made no changes to the phone update-wise that could get in the way of it syncing with QI.

I have absolutely no idea what has happened here but QI is completely giving me the finger and there is nothing that I've been able to do to change that.

I've probably made some mega rookie mistake here but I've checked and double checked anything that I thought could have caused this before posting with no luck.

Please Please Please Help...
    The exact same thing is happening to me! I too have used QI without any problems for a few weeks. On Friday, I received a replacement pre, and now when I try to use QI it wont recognize that my device is plugged in. Someone please help me (us) figure this out!! Thanks.
    Open the options menu and make sure that USB Device is selected, also try clicking Attempt Novacom (re)installation. That may correct your issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Open the options menu and make sure that USB Device is selected, also try clicking Attempt Novacom (re)installation. That may correct your issues.
    if this doesnt work and u already have novacom installed u just have to restart the service
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #5  
    I have tried both of these suggestions and still no dice, I'm tempted to flash the phone but I know I'll wind up regretting that.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Restart your computer. Happens to me all the time and that always fixes it. Also, make sure you have Dev Mode turned on.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. The solution for me was to remove Novacom in your computer's Device Manager, then when you plug in your pre it reinstalls the Novacom drivers. I have tried other solutions but this seems to be the most easiest way to fix the problem.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nate7161 View Post
    This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. The solution for me was to remove Novacom in your computer's Device Manager, then when you plug in your pre it reinstalls the Novacom drivers. I have tried other solutions but this seems to be the most easiest way to fix the problem.
    Tried removing the device but upon reconnection it couldn't find the drivers so now I have them downloaded and am currently trying to find a way to manually install them. I really just wanna back up my contacts and do a system restore but I cant figure out how to back up my information.

This whole thing is just one big downward spiral.

I appreciate the all the responses, anymore suggestions?
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by nate7161 View Post
    Tried removing the device but upon reconnection it couldn't find the drivers so now I have them downloaded and am currently trying to find a way to manually install them. I really just wanna back up my contacts and do a system restore but I cant figure out how to back up my information.

This whole thing is just one big downward spiral.

I appreciate the all the responses, anymore suggestions?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    The drivers should be located c:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\novacom. Do not choose any file after this location. By the way I'm running a Vista machine.