1.    #1  
    So i was thinking we have no video recording, no forward messaging, the phone is pretty sluggish. (If you dont think so just give it to someone else to try it see what they say) Are any of you guys honestly waiting for these things to be addressed. Just read an article that says from Ajaxian

"Some of the notes have been taken out of context, so we wanted to clarify: We started with a talk on the the future of the mobile Web. This talked about the potential of the Web as the platform for devices, and why we were excited to join Palm... We don't comment on our specific SDK plans, and while we are personally excited about the Web gaining GPU acceleration via technologies like WebGL and CSS Transforms, and we would like to see webOS gain these capabilities to allow web developers to better leverage our fantastic hardware, we were answering a question about our personal opinion on what we'd like to see happen to the platform. We don't believe the term "immediate" was even mentioned by us, and we are sorry that people have read too much into this particular topic".

Im kinda expecting something a little more than the ordinary at least by June. Hopefully there will be added features to webos that will be like an overhaul.

And i mean in one whole update. maybe to get more publicity and make it look like a whole new phone.

Video recording
    forward messaging
    gpu access
    virtual keyboard
    maybe desktop software
    voice recording
    visual voicemail from sprint
    Among other things

6 more months and it will be a year after launch. Android now has 2.0 so are we expecting the same from overhaul from webos. Android sure did make a scene and the same would be good for webos to generate more interest

If they don't its not like i will drop this phone i still love it, but it would be even better to have these upgrades to make the phone complete. Some thing has to happen competition just keeps growing.

What are your thoughts
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    flash is coming soon and should add some decent funtionality as well as begin the gpu party. Try patches for the other stuff. That's what this phone is about. We almost have palms blessing to chamge it as we see fit.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Well there are a couple of other threads with the same/similar subject

http://forums.precentral.net/general...not-speed.html

http://forums.precentral.net/general...-1-update.html

But I do agree that the features you listed need to be include in an update this year, preferably 1.3
    While you have valid points, I'm not sweating it too much. I would like some solid speed improvements but really, the phone fills my needs right now.

That being said, I can guarantee that next year around Sept, I will be seriously looking at switching over to an Android 2.5/3.0 version phone. By then, Google will have a full year of refinements into the 2.0 Android OS. With all the features in version 2.0 of the Android system, the only thing really left is for them to make it pretty & more user friendly. Couple that with the awesome hardware hitting the shelves now and early next year it will be a tough fight for Palm. Apps will not be an issue for Google either, as both their hardware/software will allow for great gaming and their huge backing will ensure a wide variety of apps to use.

It pays to have more money backing you. Android will have faster hardware, substantially better battery life, better performance and integration at least as good as Palm's if not better. My only sticking point is I love the top down slider design of the Palm, even if I find the current buttons a little small.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianPre View Post
    While you have valid points, I'm not sweating it too much. I would like some solid speed improvements but really, the phone fills my needs right now.

That being said, I can guarantee that next year around Sept, I will be seriously looking at switching over to an Android 2.5/3.0 version phone. By then, Google will have a full year of refinements into the 2.0 Android OS. With all the features in version 2.0 of the Android system, the only thing really left is for them to make it pretty & more user friendly. Couple that with the awesome hardware hitting the shelves now and early next year it will be a tough fight for Palm. Apps will not be an issue for Google either, as both their hardware/software will allow for great gaming and their huge backing will ensure a wide variety of apps to use.

It pays to have more money backing you. Android will have faster hardware, substantially better battery life, better performance and integration at least as good as Palm's if not better. My only sticking point is I love the top down slider design of the Palm, even if I find the current buttons a little small.
    I am sorry but Android certainly is not known for "great gaming" and I doubt it ever will be. The problem with android is so many different phones and builds and all of them use the same market. iPhone is so successful game wise because they have one device to program for and they know what that device is capable for. Sure you can make a game to work great on the droid but will it work as well on the Hero? Which has a weaker processor and no dedicated graphics chip? The benefit of having so many android devices is also a curse development wise.

Most developers will always give you a lesser product to ensure it works on the majority of devices and not just the droids of the world.
    Video recording= Dont give a crap its a phone
    forward messaging= have it
    gpu access= shortly
    virtual keyboard=have it
    maybe desktop software= have it Winscp over wifi no less
    voice recording I know what my voice sounds like. lol
    visual voicemail from sprint= Okay Ill give you that one but there are already devs working on this one.
    Among other things= Get Bent!! Can you Name One PHONE that can do all of what youre whinning about as well as all the Pre does Now!

As far As Android it might be a good Start, yes I said start. 2.0 is still not as refined as my Pre is in a 1.0 PHONE.

2.0 has taken..What 1.5 years to get to where it is?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/18/2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: edited rude comments
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

7.    #7  
    My gosh thank you. Some people here just need to be banned permanently.

Anyways i could care less about android or their products; many people miss the point here. Like i said i love my phone and would not give it up. I am not complaining just making a statement. Webos could be awesome if they would provide the features i mentioned above. Nobody knows anything about precentral.net much less even hacking a phone. I bet you the average person wants these things. I just want palm to do well cause i do look forward to their future products. In order for that to happen they need to get things right now so they can start selling more of this "potentially greatest phone ever". My point is that if something isnt done about this then webos could be forgotten because it is lacking in many areas where as other companies are pushing forward
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Lack of features? I defy you to answer the question in my first post.
    Code:
    Can you Name One PHONE that can do all of what youre whinning about as well as all the Pre does Now!
    Ill bet you cant because there isnt one that does everything! This is a v1.0 device(5 mos). Apple is on 3.0(Thats two whole years) android is on 2.0(took google 1.5 years to get there)BB storm is at 5.0(7 yrs) and still havnt achieved what Palm has in 5 MOS.

As far as the ****** comment. That is what this forum is for, FANS OF THE PALM PRE.
    My TP & Mogul had video recording, text forwarding, virtual keyboard, desktop software, voice recording and a slew of other features right out of the box! Not to mention thousands upon thousands of apps. Then if you really wanted to, you could get into custom Roms and really make them do amazing things. With the Pre we are waiting on patches and fixes just to be able to do basic stuff. Bottom line is the Pre is a OK phone with some potential, but in this day and time, potential gets you nowhere, because no one is going to wait around for you to catch up. Well maybe the few Pre fan boys like yourself. But those numbers will be dwindling soon, especially with so many better phones on the market and due to be released soon. What's up next for Palm? The Pixie? LMFAO! So much for potential! Die Palm! Die! And take this godforsaken Pre with you! Biggest disappointment since the square wheel!
    Video recording
    forward messaging
    gpu access
    virtual keyboard
    maybe desktop software
    voice recording
    visual voicemail from sprint
    Among other things

Here is my two cents about how I would like to see things play out. Video recording, desktop software, voice recording, and visual voicemail will come from third party app devs. Forwarding messages and a virtual keyboard can be easily dealt with by patches although palm could easily makes these changes in a future update though it should not be a priority. The first and most pressing priority should be bumping up speed. Since the pre has all the necessary hardware and now it appears those with a lot more knowledge than I have determined what needs to be done to fix the problem (gpu access and css transformers) it should be fixed and soon. Nothing ****es me off more than when my iphone gs3 owning friends launch apps quickly when I know the pre is more than capable of doing the same if not better. The next thing should be attempts at optimizing the os to reduce the drain on the battery. Although, I figure the speed optimization would be a first step in optimizing the battery performance.

I think from what I have read on the forums and other pre owners the first thing most people complain about is the sluggishness and then quickly followed by battery drain. Almost everyone also seems to agree that these are things they most want to see fixed. So Palm get working on the speed issues and everything else will slowly fall into place. Believe me if you make this correction when we palm pre owners hand our phone to an interested person they wont hesitate to buy one because they experience sluggishness.
    Can't you guys just ignore a Flaming Post rather than reply to it, and especially quote it?

Just report the post and let staff take care of it.

Simple.

<<closed>>
    Just call me Berd.