1.    #1  
    I was told by a Sprint rep that when travelling internationally there is a charge everytime I access the internet with my phone. So my question has to do with the fact that the WebOS e-mail app automatically grabs my email at specific intervals. To avoid being charged the extra fees, can I just set the 'get email' option (in the account settings) to 'Manual' or do I have to delete the account?

Anybody know the answer to this?

Thanks in advance.
    Isn't there a toggle switch to turn the EVDO radio off? Or you could just use airplane mode.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Isn't there a toggle switch to turn the EVDO radio off? Or you could just use airplane mode.
    Yah but what if when he turns the radio on to make a legitimate phone call, boom DownLoad DL DL $ $ $.

My suggestion is to use the wifi to keep your email synced by turning the phone radio off as the above poster has mentioned and of course to set it to check manually. Sometimes I still get emails instantaneously from my gmail event though it is set to check every 6 hours though it could be coincidence. FWIW
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    In the phone prefs there's an option to leave the radio on, but disable data. I did this recently when travelling. You can still receive calls/text, but data is off.

One problem I did have is even though I set my email accounts to Manual, when I'd pop on data they'd try to sync--or at least if I tried to sync one the other would go with it.

I'd just recommend leaving Data Usage off and rely on WiFi for data.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Loving the Pre...
    Follow me on Twitter
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leez View Post
    In the phone prefs there's an option to leave the radio on, but disable data. I did this recently when travelling. You can still receive calls/text, but data is off.

One problem I did have is even though I set my email accounts to Manual, when I'd pop on data they'd try to sync--or at least if I tried to sync one the other would go with it.

I'd just recommend leaving Data Usage off and rely on WiFi for data.
    Of course, thanks. i forgot about that