1.    #1  
    ok i did do a search what i'm looking for is a app that i can store all my barcodes from my keychain so i don't have to bring my keys in the gym ect.... like ex cvs......
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Yeah, this would be nice to have, would be one app I'd download asap
    Go Blue!

Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    This would be amazing.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobgod View Post
    ok i did do a search what i'm looking for is a app that i can store all my barcodes from my keychain so i don't have to bring my keys in the gym ect.... like ex cvs......
    Can you use a macro lens to take a picture and display the picture?
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    So what would you do with the scanned barcodes then? Can they be rescanned from the screen of the pre by a laser barcode scanner?

If this is the case, can't you just take a picture of them, and organize them into their own folder in the photos app?

If the stock palm contacts app would let you expand the photos associated with contacts to a viewable size, you could just set a contact for each of those things with a barcode, and then associate that contact with a barcode picture ie. bestbuy points card, etc. Unfortunately, we just get those little thumbnails only.

Here is a possible work-around if the pre's camera will not make a satisfactory image : Go to this page: Free Linear Barcode Image Online Generator ~ IDAutomation (works on pre browser too)

make your own barcode. Save it to the photos app in a special folder named barcodes or something. Unfortunately, again, the photos app is the limiting factor because it doesn't allow naming of photos, or comments so remembering which is which will be a problem. If you wanted to put more work into it, you could use your home computer to compile all your barcode pics with descriptions into a MSWord file, or a PDF or even a webpage that can be displayed on the pre using its built-in software.

hope this works for you
  6.    #6  
    thanks for the input but i'm looking for a app that way i dont have to carry all the tags on my keychain i tried the picture but when i went to the gym i gave the person my phone to scan and no good i got the info from my little brother he has a iphone with that app but i could not find it
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Yeah, my method involves using the built in apps, with a little work on your part to get the barcodes into either the pdf reader, the photo app, or the documents app. If it worked, you would not need to carry the tags. Give it a try and let us know how it works.