Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I think it's Flash. =)
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    sounds legit

not
    Honestly, I hope it is speed... just because of all the rumors floating around, there's going to be a lot of disappointed users if they get 1.3.1 and it's the same speed as currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    sounds legit

not
    And why not?

They've had the developer kit for flash for a while now, there are videos of flash already working on the Pre, and the Pre was one of the devices that Adobe used to demo it's new flash.

So, again, why is that not a legitimate prediction?

I'd be more surprised by no flash than I would be almost any other missing feature.
    I think it's both....
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Flash will come with 1.4. Right around Christmas.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I think we would have heard about flash. They have a place to sign up for the beta. I'm sure people would be getting emails for the beta before they implement it for everyone. Just my opinion
    if it was flash that would be REAL DUMB if the GPU access was not implemented as well and im sure i have a better chance at hitting the lottery before that happends
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream View Post
    if it was flash that would be REAL DUMB if the GPU access was not implemented as well and im sure i have a better chance at hitting the lottery before that happends
    This. End thread.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Flash will come with 1.4. Right around Christmas.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    I think we would have heard about flash. They have a place to sign up for the beta. I'm sure people would be getting emails for the beta before they implement it for everyone. Just my opinion
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream View Post
    yup
    Whats the difference between the flash thats on the Hero currently and the upcoming flash for the Pre? Different version or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by jbelew View Post
    The text I made bold is exactly why I'd be stunned if it was flash. Adobe is controlling the release of the next version of flash, not Palm. Beta testers are going to have early access to flash on the Pre if they signed up. I did. I haven't gotten an e-mail. Based on the lack of a thread, I'm assuming nobody else has gotten an e-mail either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Binary Tech View Post
    Whats the difference between the flash thats on the Hero currently and the upcoming flash for the Pre? Different version or something?
    Flash lite and Flash 10 for mobile are very different.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Overall Speed > Flash
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Flash requires GPU
    GPU frees up the CPU
    This all = increased speed

I think there were reports from some developers that have advance release of 1.3 heard no major changes.

But when flash is released, I would not be surprised if the Pre was significantly faster than the 3GS. It is pretty fast now and the GPU is under utilized. Plus it will increase battery life, and should run a little cooler.
    please s..t..o...p... t he voi c es in m y h e ad ........
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Good discussion. So 1.3.1 brings GPU support and speed. 1.4 will bring flash in dec.
    What is all this hub-bub about flash? The phone has a little LED flash on the back on top of the camera...
    ^Flash as in the Adobe software that powers video sites like YouTube and countless online games, among other things.
    pretty sure that was a joke
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast