Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I never thought I'd have to resort to this, but man, I sure screwed up my pre somehow. All seemed to happen when I tried that OBSOLETE:virtual keyboard.

Now I can no longer send or receive texts, getting errors when I try to install patches (WebOSQuickInstall 2.82) and I have that mystery ear icon.

Just one question. After my phone is back to factory setting, how do I restore from online backup? Just select "Backup now"? Seems like that would backup whats currently on my phone, not that other way around

One word of advice. If you like the way your phone is working, leave well enough alone

I had my phone working well. No problems with virtual KB or anything, but I just HAD to keep messing around
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Hmm, so much for using WebOSDoctor. I select it, get the message saying "Using WebOSDoctor will whipe the data from your device and will reset it to WebOS v 1.03"

I select OK, and WebOSQuickinstall just closes and nothing happens to the phone
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I would try the webos repair utility before I took the trip to the doctor, see if that helps at all. If you end up doctoring, make sure you backup any photos or anything else in the /internal folder before you doctor because that stuff wont come back as part of the backup.

When you use the backup function on the phone it backs up your data to your palm profile which is on palms servers, when you wipe your phone clean and restart it, itll ask you to sign into your palm profile, you put in your email address and password and it'll load all your contacts and reinstall all your apps and possibly some other stuff (ive never had to wipe mine not entirely sure what else it restores)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I tried using the repair utility and got an error. I'm running the Doctor now (I didn't relaize I had to download it first. I thought it was part of WebOSQuickInstall)

Thanks for the info on restoring from my Palm Profile
    You need to download a newer version. You should be able to get WebOSDoctor 1.2.1 from palm.com. Do a search for WebOSDoctor. You will need your serial number under your battery.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Just did my pre last night, too many patches. I was getting all sorts of errors, and the phone was really laggy.

Worked like a charm, took me about 30mins to get my data (music,pictures, etc.) loading back on. I really love the Palm back-up feature, otherwise I would have had to think twice before "formatting" my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Butters3605 View Post
    Just did my pre last night, too many patches. I was getting all sorts of errors, and the phone was really laggy.

Worked like a charm, took me about 30mins to get my data (music,pictures, etc.) loading back on. I really love the Palm back-up feature, otherwise I would have had to think twice before "formatting" my phone
    theres no such thing at too many patches lol...
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!