1.    #1  
    I keep getting a too many cards open error message when trying to open an app, but there are NO cards open at the time.

Is this most likely some homebrew app or patch causing the problem, or are there background apps running that do not show up?

Plenty of memory available.
    Likely due to a mem leak the while the web browser was open. Have you rebooted the phone?
    I had the same problem 3 months ago. Since then I've been clearing the History,Cookies,Cache and resetting the phone every couple of days. Have had no issues since. To "clear" open web browser,tap Web(top left), tap Preferences, clear history,cookies,cache. To reset press the Org,Sym,R keys at the same time.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    do you have switcharoo, mine was doing this alot til I disabled the automatic switching. Now it seems better.
    Quote Originally Posted by ccureton View Post
    do you have switcharoo, mine was doing this alot til I disabled the automatic switching. Now it seems better.
    Ditto. The current release of Switcharoo seems to have a memory leak. I was getting this error about two times a day. I went back to an earlier version and things have been fine since.
  6.    #6  
    just got the update for switcheroo. Hopefully that fixes it.
    go to preware get patch "lower swap threshhold" i have not had this problem since.

changes luna.cofig... blah blah blah... giving apps an extra 32mb of ram
    Quote Originally Posted by drewjohn View Post
    go to preware get patch "lower swap threshhold" i have not had this problem since.

changes luna.cofig... blah blah blah... giving apps an extra 32mb of ram
    First time I got this since I did the hack for more cards and it was only the web browser opened. I also have the preware patch installed too.
    me too. Haven't had the problem lately until I started using switcharoo again a few days ago. I guess i'll try the live version out.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Likely due to a mem leak the while the web browser was open. Have you rebooted the phone?
    This is my problem, I'm sure. After having 5+ browser cards open, I'll usually hit the "too many cards open" error.

Simply closing all the cards will typically fix my problem. You gotta give it a few seconds to make sure it actually frees the memory, tho. If you simply throw the last browser card away and then open the browser up right away... you might not have given it enough time to free the memory, which is what you're really trying to do.

Of course, rebooting the phone will also solve this problem until I've got another 8 browser cards open again...
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetrains View Post
    just got the update for switcheroo. Hopefully that fixes it.
    that fixed it.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm not running any homebrew at all, and I experienced this over the holiday. I suspect it was caused by my attempt to copy the contents of a webpage, which may have been too large. After getting the "too many cards" error when trying to open Memos, I closed the browser, leaving no cards open. When I tried again to open Memos, it still gave the error.

I have not tried to duplicate it since, and don't know if it will be an issue in 1.3.5.
    Does anyone still have this issue in 1.3.5?