Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I understand your concerns. FYI, I also upgraded from a Treo 800w to the Pre. (I still have my 800w btw...that thing was built like a tank compared to the pre! ) However I think your worries about google sync may be overstated a bit. If you don't want to use your existing gmail account to sync contacts, then just create another one just for your PIM. FYI, you can have more than one google account in synergy and you don't have to sync all the same once to contacts, calendar or email. For example, you can use one service for default email, a different service to default sync contacts, and yet another to sync calendar! For me, the Palm profile is just not reliable enough to risk my PIM...too many people have reported losing ALL of their contacts....
    Possible to post a Web Link to have multiple Google sync accounts? That is, how/where can I sync my 800w contacts--and that's all I need--via Google?

    By extension, what about 800w notepad and calendar?
  2.    #22  
    Anyone have luck going to Sprint Store to do the PIM switch?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Anyone have luck going to Sprint Store to do the PIM switch?
    Bump!
  4.    #24  
    Plan B...

    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Possible to post a Web Link to have multiple Google sync accounts? That is, how/where can I sync my 800w contacts--and that's all I need--via Google?

    By extension, what about 800w notepad and calendar?
    Bump!
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    Possible to post a Web Link to have multiple Google sync accounts? That is, how/where can I sync my 800w contacts--and that's all I need--via Google?

    By extension, what about 800w notepad and calendar?
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? If you just want to sync your contacts with google, then just create a gmail account and import your contacts to that account. Then set the gmail account as your default account for contacts and all your contacts with sync and update to your Pre. If you don't want to sync your calendar to the cloud then just keep the Palm profile as the default account for calendar and delete any other account in calendar. You can then use companionlink to sync your calendar, task and notes to either outlook or whatever:

    Palm webOS sync

    Hope that helps...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    just bring both your phones to the sprint store, they will transfer all te contacts for you
    Hello...what's this?
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/2048118-post25.html
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you're asking? If you just want to sync your contacts with google, then just create a gmail account and import your contacts to that account. Then set the gmail account as your default account for contacts and all your contacts with sync and update to your Pre. If you don't want to sync your calendar to the cloud then just keep the Palm profile as the default account for calendar and delete any other account in calendar. You can then use companionlink to sync your calendar, task and notes to either outlook or whatever:

    Palm webOS sync

    Hope that helps...
    Already have a Gmail account. Your post does help. Might use CompanionLink after PIM transfer from 800w to Pixi.
  8. #28  
    I'll just post here since I found it searching.

    I bought my wife a Pixi to replace here 800w, I hope, she's attached to WM5/6.
    I've had her phone backing up to my phone as the original question, BUT...
    She uses Yahoo, couldn't break her of that.

    The transfer program, am I understanding wrong that it needs to have Outlook or the Palm program installed on the computer? i.e. it won't just backup to the cloud?

    I would suppose IF I could get the info to the Palm profile It could then be synced to Yahoo?

    I took the easy way out: I created a Google account and will get it going now with Google Sync. So it'll be all set when she activates it.
    Last edited by fr4nk1yn; 12/03/2009 at 08:36 PM.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    Best bet...return the Pre and stick with WinMo or switch to Android or iPhone. Palm's ship is sinking and sinking fast.
    ^troll
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    just bring both your phones to the sprint store, they will transfer all te contacts for you
    DONT DO THAT, then you are stuck in palm's very unreliable rainy cloud. Do the export and import into google, still not great, but it's a much better option than Palm's crap cloud.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    I'll just post here since I found it searching.

    I bought my wife a Pixi to replace here 800w, I hope, she's attached to WM5/6.
    I've had her phone backing up to my phone as the original question, BUT...
    She uses Yahoo, couldn't break her of that.

    The transfer program, am I understanding wrong that it needs to have Outlook or the Palm program installed on the computer? i.e. it won't just backup to the cloud?

    I would suppose IF I could get the info to the Palm profile It could then be synced to Yahoo?

    I took the easy way out: I created a Google account and will get it going now with Google Sync. So it'll be all set when she activates it.
    Webos on the Pre/Pixi will sync with yahoo for contacts, but it is only on-way to the Pre/Pixi at this time and not 2-way. As a result, you will either have to use palm profile or google for your default contact account to two way sync. I would obviously recommend google. The easiest way to do this is to export your contacts from outlook (I assume you sync the 800w to outlook) and import them into "my contacts" in your google/gmail account. Then just make sure that google is set to default account in contacts and you should be fine. The other apps discussed earlier like companionlink will allow you to desktop sync with outlook if you want that option...

    Hopefully, Palm will update synergy eventually to two-way sync with Yahoo contacts. The limitation is primarily because yahoo uses a proprietary nonstandard API for their contacts unlike google. But perhaps Palm will eventually support this or Yahoo will change their API...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  12. jamiehs's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by iowabatman View Post
    ^troll
    Yea, it must have stung, everyone ignored him for an entire page! Good work forum!
  13. #33  
    She opted to open her present early. The 800w will not accept the google sync credentials ):
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
    She opted to open her present early. The 800w will not accept the google sync credentials ):
    Interesting. Hope this is just a fluke.
  15. #35  
    yeah. I was having a spasm of some kind.
    I took a break and came back to it and it synced all 189 contacts.
    Just as nine did they got all mangled.
    Duplicates, numbers not even showing, a real mess especially with this many contacts.
    Palm should make a way to transfer contacts easier for platform switchers ):
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions