1.    #1  
    I accidentally stumbled on the long awaited capability to search a contact name in outlook/Gmail/AOL, so I can sort emails. However, in outlook it only populates ALL of the emails in my inbox for SOME contacts. It appears the pre may have a limit on how many emails it can populate from one contact (which still defeats the purpose).

I may be doing something wrong. Does anyone have any more information about this feature?

Now if I could just forward a text and get better battery life, I may be able to actually use this phone for business. I am trying to hang in there Palm!

KYW
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yeah, I sort of half-stumbled across that the other day, too.
    Giving it a short test right now, seems to only go back so far in time.. just as there is a VERY finite cache of emails my Palm can access.. this is Outlook Exchange I'm talking about.. and maybe I don't understand how that works exactly. Seems like it should be able to access all my exchange emails.

Anyways, I don't know if you've found this yet, but it searches subject headers as well. Would be nice if it searched the entire text, maybe next update?

A step in the right direction.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    i thought there was patch to forward texts.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Yeah, full universal search is so critical that if the Pre's operating system can't handle it, or won't be able to perform full searches rapidly, I need to know so I can make other arrangements.
    this has been out since 1.2
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Oh really. Wow do I wish you knew what you were talking about so I wouldn't have to carry a treo along with the pre!
    At least a dozen times a day I'm talking to someone on the phone and they'll ask, "Am I on your calendar?" "Where did it say that in my email?" "Who authorized that?" Or, "What email address, or WHO, was that sent to?"
    Obviously, with a Treo I just type a key word or phrase and up pop all the calendar entries, or the paragraph I'm looking for, the email address used, etc. Not only is that NOT possible with the Pre, but, if I start my "search" from the contacts function, I better not even make a mistake while typing because I cannot even edit my entry! Try it and see. If you don't have a name typed exactly right you can't just go and change a character, you have to backspace every single character and start over! Some of the ridiculous programming on this thing make me wonder if these programmers had any common sense.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I was pretty shocked to see ZERO improvements in search capability in this latest pre update. Does anyone here have an inside contact at palm? Is Universal Search just not gonna happen with the Pre?
    About a million of us need to know....