Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
       #1  
    Ever wonder why many posts appear to be geared towards bashing the pre and Palm's webOS in general?

    Well, here's a little insight.

    It's well known in the investing communities that many people have taken a "short" position against Palm's stock.
    That is, they gain to profit if Palms stock goes down, if Palms stock goes up, they lose.

    It is to their benefit to talk negatively, suggest alternative smartphones, raise doubts... etc, etc..... anything to slow down the acceptance of WebOS.


    Lazy web reporting picks up all the so called negativity about WebOS and repackages it as news on various websites. The cycle repeats over and over again.

    Don't under estimate this "conspiracy" to bash Palm and WebOS, all it takes is a "team" of posters to start their propaganda campaign and let the community feed on itself.

    Some may view this as hogwash but believe me, when there are hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake, they are not going to leave these things up to chance.
  2. #2  
    I can confirm this! I'm one of the team leaders. I command a large thifetom (industry term) of monkeys blogging and posting to forums at this very moment. I'm paid a commission based on the stock delta from week to week.
  3. #3  
    Yes, WebOS is absolutely perfect - not a flaw in sight.

    Obviously, anyone crass enough to claim otherwise must be part of some grand conspiracy.

  4. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SiniStereO View Post
    Yes, WebOS is absolutely perfect - not a flaw in sight.

    Obviously, anyone crass enough to claim otherwise must be part of some grand conspiracy.

    I'm not saying WebOS is perfect, my post was about individuals who have vested interest in slamming Palm.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I'm not saying WebOS is perfect, my post was about individuals who have vested interest in slamming Palm.
    I have a vested interest in slamming Palm. PM me and I'll tell you why.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    I have a vested interest in slamming Palm. PM me and I'll tell you why.
    Why don't you just inform everyone right here, eh?
  7. #7  
    Are these forums for investors or users?

    It seems to me that investors, and we have a bunch on the forums, believe that their financial stake gives their view more weight over those of consumers. But they should remember that without consumers there is no point to the forums in the first place. Nobody is going to sign up to hear a bunch of investors telling them what to buy.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  8. xtn
    xtn is offline
    xtn's Avatar
    Posts
    434 Posts
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    #8  
    What about people who are long PALM and come on here saying how their Pre doesn't have any problems and how the like webOS?

    They're probably conspiring too.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    What about people who are long PALM and come on here saying how their Pre doesn't have any problems and how the like webOS?

    They're probably conspiring too.
    If they really wanted Palm to succeed they'd tell them to fix the problems.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    If they really wanted Palm to succeed they'd tell them to fix the problems.
    ...and that's the vested interest I have...

Posting Permissions