5 6.58%
  • Week of 12/20

5 6.58%
  • Christmas present! I was nice!

12 15.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    So looking at 1.0.4 to 1.1.0 and 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 there were 24 and 65 days. We are at 25 days since 1.2.1.

Ver. Date Days Between
    1.3.x ??/??/09
    1.2.1 10/02/09 ?
    1.2.0 09/28/09 4
    1.1.0 07/23/09 65
    1.0.4 06/29/09 24
    1.0.3 06/19/09 10
    1.0.2 06/05/09 14

What is your best guess?!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    12/21/2012
    well i can say its not 10/27
    11/15 with the pixi??? or maybe a few days before idk
    I betting at least until after the Pixi has been out a week or more. They will most likely want the Pixi as current as possible with it's big brother, the Pre, when unveiling it to make a good first impression. The process of having all those units at a somewhat current release will take a bit of time, and is why I think there will be a slight delay.
    UNLESS...... palm comes out with all guns blazing and has 1.3 already on the pre adding even more goodies for a dynamite launch. Hmmmm.... makes me wonder..
    If they don't come out with voice dial and flash, then quite frankly I don't care when the update gets released.

These are two major drawbacks for me and are causing some problems with my day to day work life.

I hate to admit it, but Bell is launching the (gag....gag.....gag.....) I-Phone next month, and I am very seriously considering buying myself out of my Pre contract and switching phones.

I love the Pre, the size, and the ease of use, but there are some major holes that are now starting to cause me some problems. At the very least they have to come out with voice dial. It can a bit longer for flash, but we can't drive and use our phones anymore in Toronto.....well we can, but we just can't look at them while driving so that means I can't dial a number while zipping in and out of traffic on the 401.

Please Palm I beg of you, don't make me go to the dark side......I BEG!!
    It will happen before the next update, and a while after the last. And on that day, we will be happy, then angry because Palm didn't do all we wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    It will happen before the next update, and a while after the last. And on that day, we will be happy, then angry because Palm didn't do all we wanted.
    whoa! You just blew my mind.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Smart View Post
    If they don't come out with voice dial and flash, then quite frankly I don't care when the update gets released.

These are two major drawbacks for me and are causing some problems with my day to day work life.

I hate to admit it, but Bell is launching the (gag....gag.....gag.....) I-Phone next month, and I am very seriously considering buying myself out of my Pre contract and switching phones.

I love the Pre, the size, and the ease of use, but there are some major holes that are now starting to cause me some problems. At the very least they have to come out with voice dial. It can a bit longer for flash, but we can't drive and use our phones anymore in Toronto.....well we can, but we just can't look at them while driving so that means I can't dial a number while zipping in and out of traffic on the 401.

Please Palm I beg of you, don't make me go to the dark side......I BEG!!
    when did the iPhone get flash?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    when did the iPhone get flash?
    To be honest with you I don't really know if it does or it doesn't as I've not really played with one before.

One of the guys that I work with is able to go to websites (IE our companies website) and is able to navigate through it just fine on his I-Phone, where as I can't on the Pre.

Since our site is done in flash I just figured that, that is why his works and mine doesn't?

Perhaps there is a crack/app or some other way of doing it on the I-Phone that Palm can't?

Like I said I haven't really used it, and don't really want too but I desperately need voice dial and I know for sure that his I-Phone can do that. Besides he is one of those types of people who would rub it in my face until the end of time if I were to admit defeat and change to his.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    To be honest with you I don't really know if it does or it doesn't as I've not really played with one before.

One of the guys that I work with is able to go to websites (IE our companies website) and is able to navigate through it just fine on his I-Phone, where as I can't on the Pre.

Since our site is done in flash I just figured that, that is why his works and mine doesn't?

Perhaps there is a crack/app or some other way of doing it on the I-Phone that Palm can't?

Like I said I haven't really used it, and don't really want too but I desperately need voice dial and I know for sure that his I-Phone can do that. Besides he is one of those types of people who would rub it in my face until the end of time if I were to admit defeat and change to his.
    for the price it would take to buy out your contract you could buy a dash for your car that supports bluetooth technology and send the contacts to your car and use voice dial like that. adobe has announced they will be developing flash for every smart phone EXCLUDING the iPhone.
    for the price it would take to buy out your contract you could buy a dash for your car that supports bluetooth technology and send the contacts to your car and use voice dial like that. adobe has announced they will be developing flash for every smart phone EXCLUDING the iPhone.
    Holy crap really?

I can buy a device that will allow me to send my contacts to my car and use it like that?? Hell that would be great.

Is it a headset style or something that hangs off of your visor?

Actually I guess I could go and look that up tonight.

Thanks for the info I wasn't aware of such a thing!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Holy crap really?

I can buy a device that will allow me to send my contacts to my car and use it like that?? Hell that would be great.

Is it a headset style or something that hangs off of your visor?

Actually I guess I could go and look that up tonight.

Thanks for the info I wasn't aware of such a thing!
    bluetooth stereo car receiver - Google Search
    That's funny I just did a Google search on these and came up with loads of them.

I guess I will be heading to Best Buy again tomorrow.

Thanks again for the heads up, this could help me out greatly. Still I'd love to have it added to the Pre, but this could be a good stop gap measure.
    Oh good...another thread asking for my guess as to when the next update will happen. How about today?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 10/28/2009 at 08:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    That's funny I just did a Google search on these and came up with loads of them.

I guess I will be heading to Best Buy again tomorrow.

Thanks again for the heads up, this could help me out greatly. Still I'd love to have it added to the Pre, but this could be a good stop gap measure.
    FYI, the Parrot Minikit Slim works well. I bought a 6 ft mini usb cable and a car charger USB adapter and have it plugged in all the time. As soon as I start my car, the unit turns on and it syncs my contacts in about a minute. After I leave the car, it turns off after a few minutes.
    Just when you've installed all the patches you want and things are running smoothly. That's when the next update will appear.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Just before Black Friday?