Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Now that the Pixie is on the horizon and Europe is off to a good start, when do people think the next WebOS update 1.3x for Sprint systems is coming from PALM?
    ryleyinstl,

Thank you for doing the search for the opening post and then giving the links.

That is the type of kindness that sets PreCentral apart.

- Craig
    Weathermen have better prediction success than WebOS release predictors.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I think it is safe to assume an update will come out when the Pixi comes out, if perhaps only to add the new apps (facebook?) to the pre.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    i'd bet its the friday or the monday prior to the 15th. In fact I bet Pixi ships with 1.2.1 and requires an update out of the box. My thinking is two fold. 1 the devices are shipped days before they can be sold, and 2 by making it available days before the pixi for Pre they are cutting down on the load to their servers. So when I do go get the pixi for the girlfriend and she updates, the vast majority of PRE owners already have 1.3....my best guess anyways
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    The pixi is supposed to ship with 1.3, so on the release date of the pixi we should see the update available. November 15th is my prediction. If it happens before then hooray for us. If not, then oh well.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac923 View Post
    The pixi is supposed to ship with 1.3, so on the release date of the pixi we should see the update available. November 15th is my prediction. If it happens before then hooray for us. If not, then oh well.
    Assuming the Pixi sells well and ships 1.2.1, they won't add 1.3 to the Pre the same time cause that would cause their servers to be flooded - if the Pixi ships 1.3, then they probably would enable 1.3 for the Pre on the same time
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    888 Global Posts
    I predict Nov 31st...but I could be wrong.
    i'd say it is whatever date is speculated....plus 7 days.
  10. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    ryleyinstl,

Thank you for doing the search for the opening post and then giving the links.

That is the type of kindness that sets PreCentral apart.

- Craig
    Agreed -- a kind gesture. Sadly, not everyone is like that; I got lambasted for asking that and had some other kiddie responding as if he just got out of his last 8th grade class.

OP, as to your question, I think November 15th is the day we're expecting, but given that the 15th is a Sunday, I'm not sure how that's going to impact a release date. Engadget made mention of it this morning. I was one of the ones who picked up the Pre on the day of its release, and we all remember that a WebOS update was available on that very day, so I'm leaning towards the 15th (give or take a couple days into either week) myself.
    Will this update be worldwide? I just hope we don't get the 1.2 here in europe :/
    HP Veer
    Remastered II Theme
    nope i say the pixies already have 1.3 installed and they are just finalizing the updated download 1.3 for us pre users then making us sweat a little before they release it !!

the update will be a week from friday!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    im betting the 15th also
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    nope i say the pixies already have 1.3 installed and they are just finalizing the updated download 1.3 for us pre users then making us sweat a little before they release it !!

the update will be a week from friday!
    Doubtful. Pixis were probably packaged up weeks ago and are being sent to stores. I think it's highly likely that the 1.2.9 is just what they had finished when the Pixi had to be packaged up, and they'll probably get 1.3.1 as soon as they turn on the phone.
    if the 1.3.x update includes speed boosts via gpu and css transforms, I would guess 1.2.9 first, probably with the pixi.

then some weeks later prior to verizon getting there advertising in gear, 1.3 with some speed and a future flash enabler of some sort.