1.    #1  
    When I install apps on my Pre, it freezes my phone for several minutes and then takes forever to download and install.

I assumed this was normal with WebOS since it has happened with every version of WebOS i've installed on it. However, my friends with Pre's say they don't have this problem.

Anyone has insight into it?

Thanks,

Daren
    In all likely hood this answers your question and the 2nd quote will solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We all know about the app catalog install limits, but no-one has ever tracked down *exactly* what is happening. Until now.

Please read rwhitby.net : The Definitive Analysis of Palm Pre App Install Limits and the Palm App Catalog Hanging for the definitive analysis of app install limits and palm app catalog "hangs".

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I have created a small advanced homebrew application called "Fair Dinkum App Limit", which removes the 64MiB arbitrary limit on the number of applications that you can install. Note that the safety net limit of 100MiB free space is not removed. Use the MvApp program, or the Meta-Doctor to increase the available free space in your /var partition.

To use it, you must first install Preware. You can either use WebOS Quick Install to do that (make sure you follow the instructions correctly), or you might like to alpha test one of the new Preware stand-alone installers at Index of / ... (please don't ask for help with the alpha installers in this thread, just use the official instructions instead).

Then use Preware to install Fair Dinkum App Limit. Search for it in the List of Everything.

That's all you need to do. As long as it is installed, the arbitrary limit on application installation will be disabled.

Please do not call this app "FDAL" - use "fairdinkum" as the short form if you must.

If you want to show your thanks, please feel free to .

Note that the naming credits for this app go to fellow aussie Tim Carroll from PalmInfocenter.com:

-- Rod
    definitely install that app. it works very well for this issue .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    thanks, that fixed it for me.