Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I guess you have to do it just like the rest of us. If you want to just get this over with. Then that just states to most of us, that you are not the type of person who should be using and testing this stuff.

Remember, all of this is BETA software, it contains bugs!!!!!

And because of that, if you are not tech savvy then you should not be playing around with this stuff.

Find someone who have a Pre and who is tech savvy and bring your phone to them and let them do the install for you. You should not do this, you have to be patient if you are impatient then this is not for you to play with.

They are looking for responsible people that will help them develop the software for the Pre.

They are not to get someone that is not interested in learning and helping in developing the software. You don't have to be a developer per sa, but you have to be willing to provide help letting them know in clear English what problems you are having.

Such as I have this type of computer, I have this Pre with this version of software on it.

I am trying to install xxxx.

I am getting this in response.

These are the steps that I took that got me to that error.

This what I downloaded... version etc.

You have not done any of that stuff, even after people have repeatedly ask you to do that.

You say you've been working on this all week.

So state what have you done in that week that you still can't get this to work.

Follow the form by answering the questions I asked above:

What kind of computer Mac / Windows version of OS XP Vista ... 32bit or 64bit...

Then maybe someone can help you figure out the problem.

Just saying I'm impatient and asking for someone to IM you in Yahoo or Private mail.. (giving up there private email to you) is not what should happen here.

I've read your stuff, you continue to ask for help but refuse to provide details!

Remember, it's all in the details!

Rob

Sorry.. you have to do this stuff, as someone said we all did have to learn this stuff the hard way!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #22  
    I already reinstall it, but now shane is telling me to click on the hard driving thing and i click on it but it says no device detected
    @sam

put your pre in developer mode.

I highly doubt you read anything at all because that is one of the first things in any quick install thread.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    I'm feeling particularly patient . . . for the moment.

No device detected usually indicates that the phone is not in dev mode. Ensure you're in dev mode. You also should have selected "just charge."

If you have done those things, and you still can't get QI to work, you should consider doing the following: put together a post -- in this thread; no need to start another one -- describing in detail exactly what you've done and the results. You're more likely to get a constructive response when people don't have to work so hard to help you do something that has been so thoroughly discussed and dissected in this forum. When it's clear that you have done some research, people sometimes are more willing to work with you to help you figure out which step you're missing. Just my observation.
  5.    #25  
    when i installed the novacom and i attempt to (re)installed it said "service failed removed"
  6.    #26  
    what is the development mode?
  7.    #27  
    Requirements
    WebOSDoctor recovery rom
    Do not run WebOSDoctor, or you may inadvertently erase your device to WebOS factory settings
    If you want to download it on your own, Sprint download here, Bell download here (use either if you're just using emulator) and copy that .jar file to the same folder as WebOSQuickInstall.jar
    Java 1.6
    For Mac OS X, once you've installed Java 1.6, run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences. Then click and drag Jave SE 6 to top of both list, and exit the program. This will set Java 1.6 as the default version to use.
    Novacom
    You can manually install Novacom by going in WebOSQuickInstall and in the menu File->Options, then press the "Attempt Novacom (re)installation" button.
    If you have issues and you're on Windows, try following these instructions (even if you aren't on Windows 7).
    For Linux, try downloading the Novacom file here.
    DevMode enabled
    This can be done by typing "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart", opening the DeveloperMode app, and enabling the feature.

Lastly, when you plug in the device, if you want to use WebOS Quick Install, choose the "Just Charge" option on the device.

Running WebOS Quick Install
    Simply double-click WebOSQuickInstall.jar and (as long as Java is installed properly) it will launch
    You just posted the answers to your own questions.
  9.    #29  
    I HAVE ALL THAT STUFF ALREADY. NOW I NEED THE DEVICE TO WORK BUT IS NOT WORKGIN. IM KEEP ON TELLING YOU GUYS....I ALREADY PUT MY DEVICE ON CHARGE. CAN U TELL ME WHY ITS NOT <<edited by berd>> WORKING
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 10/30/2009 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Language
    to enter devmode you just start typing like you would for a universal search.
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_inc View Post
    I HAVE ALL THAT STUFF ALREADY. NOW I NEED THE DEVICE TO WORK BUT IS NOT WORKGIN. IM KEEP ON TELLING YOU GUYS....I ALREADY PUT MY DEVICE ON CHARGE. CAN U TELL ME WHY ITS NOT <<edited by berd>> WORKING
    Calm Down.
    People are trying to help.
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    calm down.
    People are trying to help.
    thank you but some of you guys dont know how to help or give directions..i said what the hell is a devmode and all u guys saud type in the blah blha as if knew what the hell what u guys was talking, i could be tyoing anywhere. How come u guys didnt tell me to enter the devmore in the palm pre...by goin to launcher and type the devmode code??? Huh??? That ****ess me off. U guys r not specific at all
    berdinkerdickle can you merge the OPs exact same threads to reduce forum clutter?
  14.    #34  
    Finally and fiNally i got it working, fiNally!!!!....bahahahahhaah:d:d:d:d

im calm now
    Good.
    Now take some time to read our Forum Guidelines before starting another thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...uncements.html
    Just call me Berd.
  16.    #36  
    how do you upload a theme now?
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_inc View Post
    thank you but some of you guys dont know how to help or give directions..i said what the hell is a devmode and all u guys saud type in the blah blha as if knew what the hell what u guys was talking, i could be tyoing anywhere. How come u guys didnt tell me to enter the devmore in the palm pre...by goin to launcher and type the devmode code??? Huh??? That ****ess me off. U guys r not specific at all
    These guys aren't at your mercy. They owe you nothing.
    You don't seem to have done a lot of personal research before jumping into this. If you had, you'd of understood the direction/advice they were giving you.

You owe them a big thanks for even giving you the time.
    You also owe them an apology for chewing them out.

I highly advise you to take some time and do some more reading up on the info that is already abundantly available in these forums.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12