Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    What Is PLAM anyway...just saying..lol
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Why the heck does everyone write out Palm in all-capital letters? I don't see people writing MICROSOFT, or MOTOROLA like that.

Kind of annoying. I see it in half the posts on this site.
    It's because those people actually yell the names when they say them out loud.

Example: "I enjoy using my MAC at home!!"

They also enjoy hyphenating and incorrectly capitalizing particular letters in other names, such as "I-Pod" and "cheese-Cake".
    I find it sort of amusing, considering Palm's logo is in all-lowercase, so, if anything, they should be writing it "palm."
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    I find it sort of amusing, considering Palm's logo is in all-lowercase, so, if anything, they should be writing it "palm."
    Or did you actually mean "plam"?
  5. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    It's been mentioned here on precentral, but Engadget mentioned this this morning.
    For me it's an old habit. PALM is the ticker symbol for Palm, inc. on the NASDAQ exchange. When using PALM I'm denoting the publicly traded company and not their devices or operating systems. Some people, sometimes, would get everything confused.

...so I'm going to keep on doing it, okay?!

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    Why the heck does everyone write out Palm in all-capital letters? I don't see people writing MICROSOFT, or MOTOROLA like that.

Kind of annoying. I see it in half the posts on this site.
    I can understand the urge for people to scream at PALM!!

But what I can't understand is "the webOS". Hey, did you see that new "the windows" that they released last week? "The Ubuntu" is so much better than "the OS 10".
    Have you guys heard of those wacky phones from MSFT and AAPL that compete with PALM? it's CRAZY!
    no 'Thanks'
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12