1.    #1  
    I'm unsure if this has been discussed already, if so, I apologize.

The Issue:
    When I'm in my email inbox and I swipe to delete an email I haven't read yet, it goes to my trash folder. That's ok. However, when it goes into the trash folder, I get a notification on the bottom of my screen telling me I have a new email. When I tap on the notification it takes me to the unread email in my trashbox.

Is that supposed to happen? Doesn't that seem odd? Am I the only one? Is there a fix?
    Last edited by yguy22; 10/26/2009 at 10:00 AM. Reason: clarification
    This happens to me too. It seems random though, it doesn't always do it and it seems like it has been doing it alot more the last few days.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by deltatko1 View Post
    This happens to me too. It seems random though, it doesn't always do it and it seems like it has been doing it alot more the last few days.
    Yes, it has been more frequent recently.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Mine doesn't do that. If I delete (by swipe) an unread email it goes to the trash as unread but I don't receive notification of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Mine doesn't do that. If I delete (by swipe) an unread email it goes to the trash as unread but I don't receive notification of it.
    Same here.....

happens to me as well...seems more frequent since last OS update.
    Is your trash folder favourited? Maybe it keeps on eye on all the favourites...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    Is your trash folder favourited? Maybe it keeps on eye on all the favourites...
    Same problem here.

Here's some info that may help us get somewhere: Is your "TRASH" folder one of the folders under your "Favorites"? For some reason, my earthlink trash folder is a "favorite" folder and I think this is why I get the notifications when I swipe an unread message from the inbox.

How do we remove that trash folder from favorites?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcq1 View Post
    How do we remove that trash folder from favorites?
    On the root page of the E-mail app, expand the account containing the offending trash folder so that it shows all the folders then tap the little star to the right of Trash so it's greyed out instead of yellow. That'll do it...
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

That took care of my double notifications as well!
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    On the root page of the E-mail app, expand the account containing the offending trash folder so that it shows all the folders then tap the little star to the right of Trash so it's greyed out instead of yellow. That'll do it...
    That didn't work for me. I don't have any trash folders as favorites.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcq1 View Post
    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

That took care of my double notifications as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by yguy22 View Post
    That didn't work for me. I don't have any trash folders as favorites.
    bah, that didn't solve it actually, I was mistaken it did clear the trash from my favrites though.

any other suggestions?